Spectralis owners, 2016 just might be the year!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
somebedroomdj

Spectralis owners, 2016 just might be the year!

Post by somebedroomdj » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:35 am

Didn't see this posted here yet and I don't know that there are still that many people still using the Spectralis, but Jorg made an interesting post over on the RT forum:
Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Jörg Schaaf wrote:
1.) We will never make the Spectralis an open source project.
2.) You should not sell the Spectralis 2 and not even the Spectralis 1 at the moment. You will regret that soon.
3.) I told some guys in the past, why I am not manufacturing Spectralis currently. The Spectralis will go into the next production run in the beginnung of next year.
And some further encouraging words from Jorg's Facebook page in regards to a 1.51 update to the Spec mk1:
Jörg Schaaf "It adds the features of the Spectralis 2 to the Spectralis 1. But for is the biggest difference is, that it has been done with a complete different compiler/development system. The old system brought us a big headache and it was behaving very strange in the past.
Now we are starting to fix known bugs for both platforms (which are equal right now). New features for the Spectralis I and II will follow later. Now it is good, that Andreas has a development system, that makes working on it much easier and comfortable..."
It's actually the truth. I already organized a Spectralis 1 for my betatesting. Hopefully the socket for the circuit emulator probe arrives this week. That is the only missing part we are waiting for until we can work on it further. Before we publish the new Spectralis 1 version it must get seriously debugged. The new compiler has different word lengths at some data types - that can cause problems everywhere. A new hardware realtime emulator was really important.

A new Spectralis 2 version is under development as well. So, stay tuned - I will keep you updated. I will mention new features only when they are already working. I hope, you understand that.
I know, I know, there's been a lot of promises made in regards to Spectralis updates and new features over the years. But I really have a good feeling about it this time. :D
Tempest | Deluge | BSII | FR Revolution | SP-16
MPC Live for sale, $850 + shipping

acemonvw

Re: Spectralis owners, 2016 just might be the year!

Post by acemonvw » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:58 am

2016 has FOR SURE been the year.

Updates for the Spectralis 1 and Spectralis 2. So many bug fixes. PLUS, now they've figured out how to easily repair the Spectralis 2, which, on some units, suffered from a faulty part that was causing it to not open all of the way.

Check out here for more on that fix: http://www.joergschaaf.de/wordpress/spe ... -repair-i/

Seriously. It's so amazing what they've been doing.