Name this digital synth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
pretzelkins

Name this digital synth

Post by pretzelkins » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:01 am

I thought the synth on this track might be an M1, but I can't find that strumming sample anywhere and I have the vst with all the expansions. Any ideas what this ROMpler is? It's about as simple as it gets so anyone who knows whatever this is shouldn't have a problem. Any guesses? Thanks.

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: Name this digital synth

Post by Z » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:51 am

Since the sample seems to maintain tempo on different keys, my guess would be a Roland V-Synth or a sampler with similar Variphrase (time stretch) capabilities.

Definitely not an M1 or 80s sampler.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

elsquirrel

Post by elsquirrel » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:42 am

I would guess a sample time stretched also. I'm listening on floor speakers across the room, but it sounds like it has some ambiance to it. Could be hard to find if that's the case.

I've been listening to dean blunt recently, I really like the collaborations with female vocalists like on the narcissist and 50 cent. If I'm curious to find an some tidbit about the gear someone uses I usually trawl through their live sets and try to spot what they use.

pretzelkins

Post by pretzelkins » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:20 am

Good point Z, I did notice the sample was maintaining tempo, which my 80s synths def don't do, which is kind of why I wanted to know. I've been using the Wavestation and M1 for so long, and while I can exploit the time distortion at time for cool effects, a lot of the time it's a b***h, esp on the WS which has a lot more rhythmic samples on it.
elsquirrel wrote:If I'm curious to find an some tidbit about the gear someone uses I usually trawl through their live sets and try to spot what they use.
Yah, I saw him once and on the webz all I could really see was a lot of SH-1, an alpha Juno, and Boss sampler.