Roland Juno 106 Sound Bank

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
rikidc10

Roland Juno 106 Sound Bank

Post by rikidc10 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Hello.
Where can I find the patches for the Juno 106?
How can I upload using the MIDI on the synth?
Thanks so much

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Re: Roland Juno 106 Sound Bank

Post by cornutt » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:24 am

I assume you mean the factory sounds... you can download them here. Note what these are: they are WAV files. What you need to do with them is:

0. Make sure the MEMORY PROTECT switch on the back panel of the 106 is OFF.
1. Load them into your DAW, or something else that you can use to play the files.
2. Connect your computer audio output to the CASSETTE LOAD jack on the 106.
3. Select the A or B bank group, whichever one you want to load. The patch number doesn't matter; it will load the entire bank group regardless.
4. Press the LOAD button on the panel. All the panel lights will go out except the light over the LOAD button.
5. Play the WAV file.
6. When it finishes loading, the panel lights will come back on.
7. If you want, you can check the load for errors. Press the VERIFY button and play the WAV file again. If "Er" appears in the display, there was an error. Do the load again.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!

Music Maven

Re: Roland Juno 106 Sound Bank

Post by Music Maven » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:56 pm

Has anyone transferred the Juno 106 preset library to either SoundDiver or MIDI Quest? I would love to be able to use these patches with my MKS-7 (which can read Juno 106 SysEx messages but can't store the patches locally).

Of course, the architecture of the Juno 106 / MKS-7 is so simple that it wouldn't be too hard to recreate the patches from scratch on the MKS-7. But if anyone already has the Juno 106 presets in SoundDiver or MIDI Quest format, that would save me some time.

Thanks!