**NEW ROLAND ANALOG SYNTH**

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
DIGITAL SCREAMS
Band: Digital Screams

**NEW ROLAND ANALOG SYNTH**

Post by DIGITAL SCREAMS » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:54 pm

I'm surprised no one else noticed....

About one week ago I stumbled onto the Roland UK website and found a page announcing a new roland analog synth. THE ROLAND SYSTEM 100. 100% ANALOG - 100% REAL

Roland has spent the last few years digging out the original schematics and has faithfully reproduced the classic synth...right down to component level.

Within an hour of the page being up....it then came down. Now there is nothing on any of the Roland websites.

I fully expect this to have been an error and that it will be official announced at Namm.

Roland Jupiter 8 MKII is also in the works.

I'm not bullshitting.
Synthesizers: Roland Jupiter 8, Sequential Prophet 5, Moog Old School, Access Virus TI2, Yamaha DX7 MKII (and FM8), Roland D50, Korg Wavestation and M1

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Re: **NEW ROLAND ANALOG SYNTH**

Post by commodorejohn » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:12 pm

I remember the System 100 remake being mentioned some time back, but this is the first I've heard of a Jupiter reissue. Crossing my fingers that that's for real...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:42 pm

As we all climb into the wayback machine and set the date for 1981... :blink:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

desmond

Post by desmond » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:34 pm

DIGITAL SCREAMS wrote:Roland Jupiter 8 MKII is also in the works.

I'm not bullshitting.
You mentioned your source for the System 100 - what's your source for the JP8 rumour?

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Do you mean the System 500? That's been common knowledge for months.

fh991586
Gear: Roland JX3P, D50, U220, MVS1, JP8080.
Korg Kaossilator, Monotrons, MicroKorg, M3R.
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Post by fh991586 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:24 am

DIGITAL SCREAMS wrote:I'm surprised no one else noticed....

About one week ago I stumbled onto the Roland UK website and found a page announcing a new roland analog synth. [...]
Within an hour of the page being up....it then came down. Now there is nothing on any of the Roland websites.
If I understand this well, you are surprised nobody noticed something popping up for only an hour on one single webpage in the whole internet? :read:
Considering parting away from:
-Roland TR707
-DSI Mopho

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:53 am

See this is why I'm not buying vintage synths anymore. I only go and find something really hard to get and then someone makes a modern replica for half the price. I know the originals will always be worth more but it does affect the resale value :|

On the plus side I *have* always wanted that Jupiter 8 that continues to elude me :)

Does anyone have a screenshot?

AnalogKid

Post by AnalogKid » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:51 pm

DIGITAL SCREAMS wrote:Roland Jupiter 8 MKII is also in the works.
It will be the Pico-Boutique edition, a 1 voice synth that comes with a stylus and magnifying glass to move the sliders.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:I know the originals will always be worth more but it does affect the resale value :|?
I saw an MS20 recently on my local Craigslist for $700, that's only half of what the asking price would have been just a year ago. Now I'm waiting for Odyssey prices to drop 8-)
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by Hybrid88 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:53 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
Hybrid88 wrote:I know the originals will always be worth more but it does affect the resale value :|?
I saw an MS20 recently on my local Craigslist for $700, that's only half of what the asking price would have been just a year ago. Now I'm waiting for Odyssey prices to drop 8-)
Yes, makes the investment in classic analog synths not look so great after all.

I've become interested in the Korg Mono/Poly, but there is no way I'm paying for an old one at this point given what Korg is up to. Question is, will Roland follow suit?

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:01 pm

DIGITAL SCREAMS wrote:I fully expect this to have been an error
I don't. These 'leaks' do happen on purpose. Reactions like the creation and existence of this rumor thread are exactly what was intended.
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:11 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
Yeah, the same guy is selling an SQ-10 for the same price. $1400 for that combo...and he still can't get rid of it. A few years ago, that would have fetched probably $3500.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:53 pm

@Digital screams:

When you awoke, did you have a warm, fuzzy feeling inside? Ye know - when you've had a really good dream.

Broadwave
Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Post by Broadwave » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:58 am

I suppose it's possible that a JP8 MkII is on the way considering the popularity of the Boutique - But Roland will have to tweak the software for better sounding oscillators, the Boutique's "VCOs" lack the depth of the original JP8s :(

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by Hybrid88 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:16 pm

Perhaps they finally realise we don't want emulations and will make a 'Boutique' Boutique that is actually analog? ;)