Korg Minilogue Polyphonic Analog Synth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Korg Minilogue Polyphonic Analog Synth

Post by monolith » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:36 am

I was initially really excited about the Minilogue, and then decided against it. I finally got to try one yesterday and it's actually really cool for the price. I think i'm going to grab one.

ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Post by ranzee » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:20 am

I've ordered one, and am located in Australia - ordered early Feb, still waiting ... been told end of march now.

Can't wait to get it ... I've been told that it can resemble the RSF Kobol, with the similar wave shaping and filter.

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:19 am

ranzee wrote:I've ordered one, and am located in Australia - ordered early Feb, still waiting ... been told end of march now.

Can't wait to get it ... I've been told that it can resemble the RSF Kobol, with the similar wave shaping and filter.
I ordered one yesterday from storedj and they said mid next week, Hopefully that's true.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:59 am

Mid next week is the end of March. :idea:

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:40 am

Yes, but midweek of what year?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:18 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:Mid next week is the end of March. :idea:
The hangover is strong here :?

Soul_Processor

Post by Soul_Processor » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:06 am

finally sold my DSS-1 two days ago. hopefully I can get a minilogue soon :)

ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Post by ranzee » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:52 pm

monolith wrote:
ranzee wrote:I've ordered one, and am located in Australia - ordered early Feb, still waiting ... been told end of march now.

I ordered one yesterday from storedj and they said mid next week, Hopefully that's true.
Cross fingers!

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:05 pm

ranzee wrote:
monolith wrote:

Cross fingers!
The guy I spoke to actually said Monday 21st was the due date, but figured it might take a couple of days to get to the stores. Also the korg rep told him the volca FM was slated for July, but is now due in June.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:36 am

monolith wrote:
Stab Frenzy wrote:Mid next week is the end of March. :idea:
The hangover is strong here :?
It was here too then actually, I had a very slow realisation that the two times were the same, which is why I thought it was profound enough to comment on. :D

Re-Member
Gear: Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, JP-8000, MC-505, CZ-101, DX100, DX11, R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, Volca Series, Minilogue, Moog Theremin

Post by Re-Member » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:16 pm

Aaron2 wrote:I love this blurb on Sweetwater's site:
Sweetwater Sales Department wrote:Due to the astounding popularity of this spectacular new analog synth, the first shipment that we received from Korg is already completely sold out. Without a doubt, there will be continued high demand for the minilogue, so please don't hesitate to place your order with us so that we can secure for you the best possible place in line - and ship your new Korg minilogue from Sweetwater's earliest possible shipment.
Overselling? Maybe a little. :lol:
Normally I'd be skeptical toward anything sales people have to say, but I went to try one out this weekend at a smaller independently owned shop and they pretty much told me the same thing. They had a demo model so people could try them out, but when I got around to trying to purchase it, I was told that they could only take a deposit and put me on a waiting list. Apparently I'm number 7 out of the next batch of 10 they have coming within the next month.

redchapterjubilee

Post by redchapterjubilee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:22 pm

I ordered from Sweetwater in January and will make payment #3 on the no interest plan next month...for something that still hasn't been delivered to me!
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS

Soul_Processor

Post by Soul_Processor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:11 am

I will finally get myself one today and wanted to ask, if you can configure the midi out so that it only sends clock but no controller data / notes?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:25 pm

There is no MIDI filtering. However, MIDI clock is not channelized.

Set the ML to a MIDI channel that no other device uses, then notes and controllers will be ignored yet clock will be received.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Soul_Processor

Post by Soul_Processor » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:15 pm

actually I did just that, before reading your post right now. but thanks anyway :D

yeah I like it a lot so far after getting used to the programming a bit. it is really very easy to wrap your head around. I think this might be the synth I have been looking for. lets see what I come up with in the next few days :)

I was really lucky, I got the last one a small shop here had, and the guy told me that the next batches going to the bigger stores are already preorderd according to the wholesaler.