Korg Minilogue Polyphonic Analog Synth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: Korg Minilogue Polyphonic Analog Synth

Post by Bitexion » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:52 pm

I'm so happy that Alesis managed to con their executives into accepting the Andromeda A6 plans. If the dev team's bosses had any idea what they said "yes do it" to, the synth would never been made, according to the dev team.

Noone has made a 16-voice analogue synth ever since. And that I managed to grab one from a store when it was still new.

computron
Band: Computron

Post by computron » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:52 pm

So I did ended up getting one of these after hearing more from them. My initial complaint not wanting it was I like analog polys to be lush . This is not your typical analog poly it is it's own thing. The click issue isnt as bad as some make it out to be. It does some really cool sounds. Drones for days. Its a pretty unique sounding synth with those oscs and the wave shape possibilities . The filter is not so grand but ok and the scope is very neato and more then just a gimmick. Pwm is good and delay is noisy cheap good . The switches are awesome. There is a new firmware update with the arp latch feature added . That should never have been missing. Glad I picked it up.
Living the Electro Life

bassdude
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by bassdude » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 am

Did everyone just give up on this synth in the last couple months? I was expecting more posts.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Off to the next thing...Monologue, Deep Mind, MatrixBrute, etc. ;)
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.