Universal Freeware Midi-SysEx Utility

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Universal Freeware Midi-SysEx Utility

Post by Mooger5 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm trying to send FACTORY.SYX and RAM1&2.SYX downloaded from the bobbyblues site. Think they're ALL (perf +patch +waveseq)...

Never got any "sysex checksum error" yet, and with every file except factory.syx it never gets to the "sysex trasmission sucsessful" message either.

USB to MIDI is UM1-EX. Noone seems to complain about it.

I'm guessing it has to with the WSAD firmware v1.18, but before upgrading to the newer version I'll try with Win7, although with Ubuntu and WINE MIDI-OX works fine for the D550 and the TG77...
Herrare umanum est.

Mooger5
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Mooger5 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:26 pm

Solved under Win7. Bome works great. Thanks, Virgule.
Herrare umanum est.

Nakatsu_Hime
Gear: Yamaha DX7s
Casio VZ-1
Casio CZ1000
Kawai K1m
Cheetah MS6
Yamaha RX11
Alesis HR16
Kawai Q80
Yamaha REX50

Post by Nakatsu_Hime » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:54 am

madtheory wrote:
Nakatsu_Hime wrote: - Kawai Q-80
- Yamaha REX-50
1) Small point, the Q-80 doesn't transmit its own data as sysex...

2) The REX-50 has no sysex support...
1) This is not really suprising. When I actually used my equipment in anger, I did use the Q-80 as the recipient and library for SysEx patch dumps. I just included it in the list for the sake of completeness.

2) I never tried to execute a SysEx dump from the REX-50, but I did tend to use the presets anyway, so no great loss there. I really would like to get my hands on a Yamaha SPX990, just - because - really.

gs

Post by gs » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:46 pm

I am a big Bome fan myself, I use both SendSX and MIDI Translator. Just backed up all my important custom patch banks the other day... I feel a lot better now!

About a couple years ago I had a blast using MIDI Translator which allowed me to use a JD-800 to control CS-80V software. The JD-800 sliders only transmit sysex (not CC's) so the translator changed them to CC's to control the software. It was a lot of fun, but I since sold off the JD. Kind of miss it now.
Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Korg Z1, Alesis Ion, Alesis QS8.2, Kawai K3M

max badwan
Gear: T1, XV 5080, ES1, Zaquencer

Post by max badwan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Hyde wrote:To avoid stating another thread...(Hope you don't mind) I have the same issue but I have a MAC. What are the MAC options ? Thanks 8-)
This works well
SysEx Librarian