Arturia Keystep Controller/Sequencer

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Arturia Keystep Controller/Sequencer

Post by Walter Ego » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:28 am

https://www.arturia.com/keystep/details

Looks interesting. Has keys/polyphonic sequencing/velocity/aftertouch/CV/clock sync and an arpeggiator.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

stikygum

Re: Arturia Keystep Controller/Sequencer

Post by stikygum » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Chord Mode and Polyphonic sequencing are nice to have.
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:20 pm

If they made this first instead of the Beatstep I could have saved myself $100. If I have to step sequence, I like to do it from keys rather than twisting knobs.

This would be more useful than a microBrute as a low cost CV keyboard.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:01 pm

meatballfulton wrote:If they made this first instead of the Beatstep I could have saved myself $100.
Yeah....I have the same feeling. This is a push for me to ditch the Beatstep.

I wonder what's going to happen to all those Beatsteps out there....has to be something useful to do with them.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 pm

Just bought a BeatStepPro and although I'm just learning it, I really like it. Two sequencers and essentially a drum machine (less the samples!) - CV x 2 / MIDI / /Drum machine Sync Pulse / USB - project control of all of that, excellent knobs and pads. Overall - just a really smart device. Linked into the likes of Spark and V-Collection, very nice.

Have to agree however that entering sequences via a keyboard is better - and though the Keystep doesn't look great, it's another smart device. Arturia are really on top of their game at the moment.

Will probably get a Keystep as well - but - I think the BeatStepPro is still a very legitimate device and that they can work well along side each other. They are cheap enough - get both !!

Soul_Processor

Post by Soul_Processor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

I have the Beatstep pro (which is much much more advanced than the beatstep), but I consider getting the keystep as well. I think both are probably a good sequencing combo

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 am

Let's hope this will not be riddled with bugs. Could be really good actually.

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Walter Ego wrote:I wonder what's going to happen to all those Beatsteps out there....has to be something useful to do with them.
I gave mine away at Christmastime... :hi:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Soul_Processor

Post by Soul_Processor » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:16 pm

pflosi wrote:Let's hope this will not be riddled with bugs. Could be really good actually.
the BSP was actually pretty bugged when I got it, but after two firmware updates, everything seems to be fine.