CB55 (DR55 Clone)

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Matenc01
Gear: Juno 106, Juno 6, MS-20 Mini,Minibrute, CS-10, MAB-303, DR55, DR110, TR626, Volca Beats,Volca Sample, SQ-1
Band: Dogme95

CB55 (DR55 Clone)

Post by Matenc01 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:14 pm

I stumbled across the CB55 today and was curious has anyone here built one of these things? They look simple enough but lack the sequencer of the DR55. To me the sequencer is kind of the charm of the thing but I also understand how it can be a huge pain and extremely limiting.

I'm thinking of building one as a first build project and another with my girlfriend (She wants to start building drum machines and effects) and would love to get some ideas of boxing one of these with a 16 step sequencer as well.

I personally love the DR55 so I would probably keep it as close to the original as possible with possibly the addition being able to tweak the bass drum a bit. So any ideas or even better if anyone has built one and has feedback just let me know!

Also the link to the board is right at the bottom

Thanks!

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/CB55/CB55.html

sigment
Gear: MACHINEDRUM, SH-101, MINILOGUE, STREICHFETT, MPC1000, BSII, MINIAK, MS2000R, VOLCA-B, GEKKAN, XE-8, RX-21 + TOYS
Band: SLAVESTAR

Re: CB55 (DR55 Clone)

Post by sigment » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:18 pm

I saw this a while back, but tbh the limited sequencer is a big part of the charm with the original. Maybe if you are going to eurorack it up this would be a good board, but the originals are going for very cheap these days, so I chose to go that route.

It does look easy to build though.