Songs with Juno 106

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
radek tymecki

Re: Songs with Juno 106

Post by radek tymecki » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:19 pm

jupiter - one o six

and their other songs

skira99

Post by skira99 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:43 am

Tame Impala (Kevin Parker) uses a Juno 106 in songs and live performances! You can probably hear it best on Lonerism (esp. Nothing that has happened so far has been anything we could control)

jxalex
Gear: enough

Post by jxalex » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 pm

PET SHOP BOYS - RENT
also in several other songs of their first albums.

Music Bird
Gear: Casio/Yamaha and an iPad.

Post by Music Bird » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:03 pm

I've seen several live footages of Al B Sure with Juno 106 (Nite and Day). So he probably used one in several songs. Also, Metronomy and Chvrches use the Juno a lot, same with 90's eurodance music. Most songs used a Juno or M1 for the detuned leads (well Fun Factory seems to have used it in their songs because several have a Juno preset for the lead that's been tweaked). Also I think Erasure seems to have used one on I Say I Say I Say, and the Pet Shop Boys also used it on Please i.e. for layering the West End Girls bass (you do hear the chorus in it during the verses). Also, it has been used by Deadmau5, Technotronic (for some of their songs afaik most have Matrix-12 Akai S-something and TX-81z (for basslines)), somewhere in one of Lady Gaga's albums (I think in her new Kevin Parker-produced song), and likely on some songs in a techno album from 1994 I have. I also think it was used on a freestyle song I think by Debbie Deb or Shannon.
Korg, Casio, Alesis, and Yamaha (Minilogue, WK-7600, SK-1, CT-X3000, SR-16, MX49)
FL Studio 12, VSTs, MIDI keyboard
Non synths include string, woodwind, percussion, and toys for SFX.