Reissues you'd like to see...

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
aqualung23
Gear: Roland Juno 106
Korg R3
Yamaha AN1X
Band: MC Ion

Reissues you'd like to see...

Post by aqualung23 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:36 pm

Korg Mono/Poly would be my top choice. I want one so bad but I can't trust an original for reliable performance. Reasonable to think it could happen given that Korg seems to be one of the only companies interested in doing vintage reissues. But I'm guessing they would probably bring back the polysix first.

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: Reissues you'd like to see...

Post by garranimal » Thu May 19, 2016 5:23 pm

I'll play along. I would like to see the things reportedly happening that haven't been offered for sale yet.

The Polysix had a great effects section but today people are expecting a lot more. Korg was reportedly working on an ARP 2600 re-issue. If so, I presume 86% size. I'll opt out of the presumed slim-key controller.

Tom Oberheim has to get that SEM Plus eurorack on market, but will be self-competing with his SEMs/two-voice/four-voice AND the OB-6.

Roland boutique/Aira of the VP-330 strings/voices. Maybe when the current boutique line is phased out some new stuff will crop up.

Akai needs to re-issue some vintage 12-bit HARDWARE-BASED samplers like the MPC-60/S950/S612, they could do it smaller/cheaper/lighter with greatly expanded memory specs.

aqualung23
Korg R3
Yamaha AN1X

Post by aqualung23 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Yeah I'd love to think I could buy the JP-08 for $399 and get an authentic sounding Jupiter 8 reproduction, but from A/B demos I've seen, the Boutiques don't really cut it IMO. I did mess with the JP-08 at guitar center, and while it is a cool sounding synth module for the price, it's no Jupiter.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri May 20, 2016 12:42 am

SP1200 would be great, pity Creative killed E-Mu. Maybe Rossum can do it?

colmon

Post by colmon » Fri May 20, 2016 3:54 am

aqualung23 wrote:Yeah I'd love to think I could buy the JP-08 for $399 and get an authentic sounding Jupiter 8 reproduction, but from A/B demos I've seen, the Boutiques don't really cut it IMO. I did mess with the JP-08 at guitar center, and while it is a cool sounding synth module for the price, it's no Jupiter.
That's because Boutique is DIGITAL and DIGITAL is like MATSTURBATIONS with p**n.

I'd like to see Jupiter Roland 5 reissued for under $899 dollars with on board fx and iOS capability.

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:33 am

I think a Fizmo reissue could be cool... especially since there's a lot that could be enhanced (or basically just fixed) if they picked up where they left off and design it so you can properly access the features from it's front panel. As a groove box sized desk top module with new and improved software editors, it could be a hit. Or even a decent sized performance oriented keyboard with poly after touch to really take advantage of how trippy it's modulation capabilities are.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

Swayze
Gear: Mono/Poly, JX3P, AX80, SQ80, DX7, DX7IIFDE!, AN1x, TG77, EX8000, Microbrute, Behringer D, Eurorack, Drumtraks, TR-08

Post by Swayze » Fri May 20, 2016 4:44 am

The Mono/Poly is a great synth and would make a neat reissue but I don't think the markets really out there for it. She's such a strange girl that most guys just don't know what to do with her. Now if they combined the features of the Polysix AND the Mono/Poly and rolled out a new/retro monster synth with that ssm sound to compete with the OB-6...

Personally I'd be more interested in some new Moog offering with polyphony.

Or if Yamaha could pull off a CS-80 and Roland a Jupiter 8, I'd kiss my girlfriend's a*s. That way I can't lose.

vicd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Blofeld, Formanta (EMS01, Maestro, Mini), Fusion 8HD, JD800, Morpheus, MP7, Plugiator, TG77, TOM1501, TR626, UltraProteus, V-Synth XT
Band: ROBOPOP

Post by vicd » Fri May 20, 2016 7:52 am

I'd love seeing a boutique/reface incarnation of the Polivoks - with minikeys, midi and maybe even patch storage. Probably Korg could handle that (oh no, they already got the minilogue).

I don't like the drums, but the drums like me!

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Fri May 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:SP1200 would be great, pity Creative killed E-Mu. Maybe Rossum can do it?
I would definitely second that. SP1200 prices are astronomical right now. Love to get some of that crunch into the mix.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

aqualung23
Korg R3
Yamaha AN1X

Post by aqualung23 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:38 pm

Swayze wrote:The Mono/Poly is a great synth and would make a neat reissue but I don't think the markets really out there for it. She's such a strange girl that most guys just don't know what to do with her. Now if they combined the features of the Polysix AND the Mono/Poly and rolled out a new/retro monster synth with that ssm sound to compete with the OB-6...

Personally I'd be more interested in some new Moog offering with polyphony.

Or if Yamaha could pull off a CS-80 and Roland a Jupiter 8, I'd kiss my girlfriend's a*s. That way I can't lose.
A Mono/PolySix would be awesome! They could easily combine every feature of both into one synth with obvious upgrades like Midi and patch memory.

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

PPG Wave, ideally somewhat miniaturized

ats
Gear: Korg DSS-1
Behringer Model D x2
Kurzweil K2000R
Roland Juno 60
Roland XV3080
Roland MKS-70
DSI Prophet Rev2
Yamaha TX802
Ensoniq VFX
Technics WSA1

Post by ats » Fri May 20, 2016 5:13 pm

I'd love to see Yamaha do a AN1X version 2 with the ability to load sampled waveforms to use as a third OSC and a knob per function layout :)

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Fri May 20, 2016 6:19 pm

I'd be really into a reissue of the Sp12, filters on each channel. Just listen to any of the Cabaret Voltaire from Microphonies to hear how amazing it can sound. +1 on the An1x. Yamaha didn't listen when they hosted that survey.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Fri May 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Jabberwalky wrote:I'd be really into a reissue of the Sp12, filters on each channel.
I second that !!!
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."