Minimoog Model D in full production

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
alfadawg01
Gear: Ensoniq SD1, Roland JV1080, Alesis Ion, iPad2 running Animoog, Galileo Organ, iM1 and Mellotronics M3000HD
Band: The Journey Worship Band

Minimoog Model D in full production

Post by alfadawg01 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:40 pm

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Re: Minimoog Model D in full production

Post by Hybrid88 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:00 am

Yep, I said this would happen as soon as I heard of the limited introduction. "Limited monthly production" is interesting, just shows that even moog isn't setup for a large scale labour intensive product, all that fiddly calibration has to be done by someone ;)

synthchaser

Post by synthchaser » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:02 am

Now maybe the people who have been dumping their Minimoogs on eBay will come down in price.

Broadwave
Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Post by Broadwave » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:46 am

synthchaser wrote:Now maybe the people who have been dumping their Minimoogs on eBay will come down in price.
Sadly, I doubt it - Original ARP Odyssey's are still holding their high second hand value. The new MM will still be too expensive for many.

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:10 pm

Interesting - my impression of the vintage arp oddy market has been the opposite - I've been seeing them go for under $1500 lately, whereas for a long time you were lucky to see anything under $2000! Its actually kind of surprising, as the Karp Oddy, although largely a successful release, has too many short comings to fully satisfy the people looking for the real thing.

Before the MS-20 reissue, vintage models were going for $1500-$2000 easily. That release has seen the market come back down to the $1000-$1400. I scored a MK1 version in perfect working order for $1000 last year. Again, surprising because of the major shortcomings of the reissue.

Now this Mini reissue however....I can't wait to hear peoples reactions once they get it! I bit the bullet and bought a vintage one in fine shape a couple weeks ago, for less than Moog's posted price of the new one. Its been a while since I've seen one in its condition go for under $4k. I had been watching auctions for weeks. I think, if anything the market is stuttering right now, as people are waiting to see/hear the new one before making a purchase.

Mind you - I still have to send mine out for minor service and modification - no one will need to do that with the new one!

I think the only thing we can say for sure is that the vintage market is a bit fickle. And no matter what, buying new or used, everyone is gonna have to be patient!

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Ordered!

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Wonder what the street price will be. I see they had to get some old discontinued transistors custom made.

I'd love to try one but I will never own one at this point in my life.

Waiting for the firefights over this vs. vintage pieces.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:56 pm

3169.92 Euro + VAT from Thomann

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:12 pm

$3499 from Sweetwater

bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Post by bochelli » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:16 pm

Whoever buys a new minimoog will be certain of one thing, that is you will never sell it on and get your price paid back, myminimoog cost £850 way back in 2006 I know its worth more than that now.
The vintage market is a little low for now but will pick up.
yamoto773

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Post by commodorejohn » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:59 pm

bochelli wrote:Whoever buys a new minimoog will be certain of one thing, that is you will never sell it on and get your price paid back,
Probably true - but I'm not going to buy a Minimoog with an eye towards selling it.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:02 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:Yep, I said this would happen as soon as I heard of the limited introduction. "Limited monthly production" is interesting, just shows that even moog isn't setup for a large scale labour intensive product, all that fiddly calibration has to be done by someone ;)
I was suppose to recieve mine June 15th, then July 18th, and I've been informed that I might get mine July 28th.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

knolan
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by knolan » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:16 pm

Patience, my young Padawan, patience!

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:59 pm

mine arrived, I think the Bernie poster was the biggest suprise and really pulled at the heart.

Bernie Poster
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:35 pm

wiss wrote:mine arrived, I think the Bernie poster was the biggest suprise and really pulled at the heart.

Bernie Poster
O c**p. I didn't know about this until now :( The poster is a nice touch though.