Behringer Deep Mind 12

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Re: Behringer Deep Mind 12

Post by Walter Ego » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:19 am

ninja6485 wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:Uli Behringer for President of the USA. I think I'm going to write in his name on my ballet. Or maybe Tats.
That would probably be the first time Behringer has ever been written on someone's tats. Common for rockstars, not neccesarily synth gurus. I would have expected roger linn to have beat him to the punch... What are we talking about again?
Well, I meant Tats, as in Tatsuya Takehashi. And by ballet, I meant ballot of course. Oops.

But now that you mention it, I would get a tattoo of either of them.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:08 am

Yeah I would totally get a tattoo of the ballet as well, so graceful!

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:12 pm

Sonic State preview of DM12. Accepting questions to be covered in full review. Presets do sound nice.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

HalloweenJack
Gear: Roland V Synth with VC1, Yamaha FS1R, Roland JX3P Kiwi Mod, DSI Mono Evolver, Korg Arp Odyssey, Korg Sigma, Roland JDXi,Korg Monotron Duo and Delay
Band: The Electrician

Post by HalloweenJack » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:29 pm

New video with the bank B presets:

Wondering what's wrong with the bank A presets :lol: :laugh2: :lol: :whistle:

HalloweenJack
Gear: Roland V Synth with VC1, Yamaha FS1R, Roland JX3P Kiwi Mod, DSI Mono Evolver, Korg Arp Odyssey, Korg Sigma, Roland JDXi,Korg Monotron Duo and Delay

Post by HalloweenJack » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:42 pm

The full review is now online

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Jabberwalky wrote:
mis psiquicios y yo wrote:Maybe late in news, but where is the original post of the Berhinger synth?
He said it was accidentally erased, because VSE is spam bait anymore. Can't get upset about it, since Meatball is pretty much the only active mod left.

I wish Uli would have more tact, and do what DSI does...

Announce the synth, for X amount, link to website.

It's clear by the participation on the forum that everyone sick of playing the games.
Scuse me? I'm active, its just i am restricted to certain sections and can't ban users...

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:20 am

That's 'cause you kept choosing Pikachu as the only member and deleting the rest of us, Ashe!

OK ... I'll accept my ban ...
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:22 pm

It seems to produce a fine toot. Nice filter and DCOs, as DCOs go.
BUT
I'm confused with the intended use of this synth. Why does it have the fancy FX processors..but no preset buttons? That's a deal-breaker for a gigging synth, while a studio synth doesn't really need an FX processor.
Synthesizer Effects are really stuff like ringmod, xmod, splits+layers, and whatever enables you to modulate timbre , amplitude and phase in order to play with your brain and soul. That's all it ever needs to do. :D

I'm sure it will still be good for the money. I'm just at odds with the design decisions.
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:47 pm

New video from Nick

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:22 pm

shaft9000 wrote:It seems to produce a fine toot. Nice filter and DCOs, as DCOs go.
BUT
I'm confused with the intended use of this synth. Why does it have the fancy FX processors..but no preset buttons? That's a deal-breaker for a gigging synth, while a studio synth doesn't really need an FX processor.
Synthesizer Effects are really stuff like ringmod, xmod, splits+layers, and whatever enables you to modulate timbre , amplitude and phase in order to play with your brain and soul. That's all it ever needs to do. :D

I'm sure it will still be good for the money. I'm just at odds with the design decisions.
Oh dont be silly, every synth released since 1989 has had digital effects.

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:33 am

HalloweenJack wrote:New video from Nick

Yes, Sonic Lab is really milking the h**l out of the DeepMind 12 mania. This is their third video on the machine. It's getting to be a bit much, I think. :roll:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:29 am

He looks like a Trekkie in the still of that video

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Why can't I find a link to damn synth on the Behringer site?!
Why is it NOT under keyboards?
Am I being trolled?

The DM12 isn't even as nice sounding as the Junos it's based on, in fact I think it sounds completely 'meh' from all I've heard. It looks like c**p too, it is comically shallow (front to back depth) and looks like my grandad designed it in his shed... and it's a behringer. Is everything just about how cheap something can be these days? It's not even that cheap when you look at what an underwhelming little thing it is and the fact it's a behringer (won't hold value). It's a weird synth, and seems more focused on the power of its effects engine than the sound of its synth engine alone. The basic tone sounds terrible. Don't get the hype at all.

I like how it went from "meh" to "Terrible" in one paragraph. Like he had headphones on, watching some preview video and his opinion worsened as he was writing. ;)

I had to re-read this thread to find a non-existing link to anything IN PRINT. Nothing.
I found this pretty good read from a bit back.
http://cdm.link/2016/08/no-teasing-here ... ers-synth/

I missed the section where they explained patch navigation and where you SAVE you creations.
I see there's no FAVORITES, but! I should be able to save my stuffs in the user bank and possible leave the first ten slots open for my show-patches. That should sorta solve the set list omission.

AND..and....is that desktop version a photoshop-troll-edit or a real thing.
I like the idea of noodling around that routing and effect menus, but not for another keyboard and cost.
BUT I do fantasize about the Odyssey desktop. Two different synths, but also seemingly competing for a fun-to-noodle- spot on my lap.

I wish I was rich.
On another note, I don't see why the sudden shock for the explosion of interest.
It's sort what everyone has been dreaming of for a decade.
Please heavens, have all the manufactures start to make analog again......
Oh look, they are doing it....let the feast and fest begin....

There are so many names that haven't checked in yet....
What's Yamaha going to do?
Is KORG going to make an analog flagship?
Alesis? Will they jump back at it...Waldorf?
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

salwa

Post by salwa » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:38 pm

griffin avid wrote:Why can't I find a link to damn synth on the Behringer site?!
Why is it NOT under keyboards?
Am I being trolled?
I assume they will put it on their website in time, when it hit the shops. In the past Behringer had few products (Motor controllers, UMC1820 interface), which were announced and then delayed (for 1 year for example). This caused understandable distrust among clients - maybe they want to avoid that?
griffin avid wrote:AND..and....is that desktop version a photoshop-troll-edit or a real thing.
Uli Behringer showed it on GS forum, asking for feedback, so it's official, but it's not sure, that desktop version will ever materialise. Probably it depends on sales of keyboard DeepMind.
griffin avid wrote:I wish I was rich.
My thoughts exactly [sigh]. As cheap as DeepMind is, it's still too expensive for me.
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 5 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl

MyKeyZ

Post by MyKeyZ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:06 pm

No one talking about this?

Behringer show off their DeepMind 12 Desktop prototype with a suggested price of $899...

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2016/11/beh ... n.html?m=1