Polivoks Reissue

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Polivoks Reissue

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Yet another reissue of a "classic", i.e. a synth that noone outside of the USSR actually used until they showed up in trashbins, $2000, limited edition of 100.

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

nuketifromorbit
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Polivoks Reissue

Post by nuketifromorbit » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:09 pm

I wonder if this is any cheaper than just buying the harvestman modules and a euro case?
We'll always be remembered, we'll always be dismembered.

xenia625
Gear: Minibrute, RS-09, FAEMI-1M, Polivoks, Aelita, MS-20 mini, K/ARP Odyssey, Lel' PSR, Marsh UDS, Rhythm Wolf, Alisa-1377, TR-626

Post by xenia625 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:18 am

After the first batch of 100, I heard they're gonna be $2400.

Saw a video of Vladimir Kuzmin playing one. If I didn't already have my original I could well be interested in one.
meatballfulton wrote:Yet another reissue of a "classic", i.e. a synth that noone outside of the USSR actually used until they showed up in trashbins, $2000, limited edition of 100.
Nobody outside the USSR used them until later because they were never exported and hardly anyone knew about them until the internet really exploded. That shouldn't detract from what it is though - a unique and distinctive piece that's definitely worthy of being called a 'classic'.

There's more to the world than just the West + Japan. And great stuff came out of the rest of the world, too, even if Westerners didn't hear about it.

sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by sam » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Badly built...rotten quality components...nightmare to fix..( I have fixed 6)

But it's a great sounding synth....love it.
Roland Vp330 mk1.SH101.juno 6.OSCar.ARP odyssey..Tonus 2600..omni.
ms20/50. OBX.
Prophet 5
Wasp.EMS AKS.

philip

Post by philip » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:35 pm

xenia625 wrote:After the first batch of 100, I heard they're gonna be $2400.

Saw a video of Vladimir Kuzmin playing one. If I didn't already have my original I could well be interested in one.
meatballfulton wrote:Yet another reissue of a "classic", i.e. a synth that noone outside of the USSR actually used until they showed up in trashbins, $2000, limited edition of 100.
Nobody outside the USSR used them until later because they were never exported and hardly anyone knew about them until the internet really exploded. That shouldn't detract from what it is though - a unique and distinctive piece that's definitely worthy of being called a 'classic'.

There's more to the world than just the West + Japan. And great stuff came out of the rest of the world, too, even if Westerners didn't hear about it.
Very funny :lol: :lol: