Rhodes Chroma CC+ Controlled with iPad/TouchOSC?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Rhodes Chroma CC+ Controlled with iPad/TouchOSC?

Postby analoglsd » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:09 am

Wondering if anybody is controlling their Rhodes Chroma with the TouchOSC iPad app, and if so, how did you get it working?
I got a Rhodes Chroma with CC+ a few months ago, but the person I bought it from had lost the MIDI break-out box. Last week I finally ordered one, and it came in yesterday.
Today I purchased to TouchOSC app, and currently have it connected to the MIDI In of the Chroma/CC+ box.
The only instructions I could find online for getting them to communicate are the following:
"---The Chroma must be set to Extended Program mode... set split 36, parameter 6 set to on
---The Chroma must be set to Custom MCM mode... set split 18 set to Cust"

The only one of these that I'm currently able to do is set split 36 which enters Extended Program mode. I can't even figure out how to access parameter 6, and I read the CC+ guide...another guide stated to hit split 46 to enter 'parameter mode', but that's not working for me...
When I hit split 18, nothing happens.
Any one got any info to chime in here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
analoglsd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Buchla Music Easel, TE OP-1, Korg MS-20, Yamaha RS-7000, Effects Pedals

Re: Rhodes Chroma CC+ Controlled with iPad/TouchOSC?

Postby mmp » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Once you are in EP mode, hit program button number 6 to change the parameter to on. Then hit program number 18 and change P18 to customer. When you are in EP mode after hitting split 36, most all the program buttons become CC programming modes. Also, be sure in the TouchOSC app that you have enabled the correct MIDI ins & outs.

I'll send a PM with my telephone number if you need further clarification. Also, I would recommend you join the Chroma mailing list as the CC creator and other original Arp personnel respond to questions there. Sign up at http://www.rhodeschroma.com
Michael McInnis Productions
www.mm-pro.com
mmp

Gear: VS VL-1 Varios VoyagerRME MinimoogD CS60 SY-2 Kronos M3X MW1 2600 PS3100 DV-800 Z1 Chroma XT Blofeld k5K PolyMoog Avatar MS20 PE-1000 P6 OB6 m4000d
Band: Iberquez

Return to General Synthesizers