Dave Smith Pro2 question

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Alphacode

Dave Smith Pro2 question

Post by Alphacode » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:46 am

Hey a couple of days ago i got myself a DSI Pro 2 .... i absolutely hated everything Dsi did that i tried over the years. P08 had it ...was garbage for me. Mopho ...eeh nothing special (i had a Bs2 that could do more for half price). Now i went to a local shop tried a couple of synths and ignored the DSI synth knowing how c**p it will be to my ears. After 30 min i thought hold on Mark Doty did a review and recommended it... hmm ok lers try it. 1hr later i was coming out of the shop with it with a price tag of 1550€ which is the cheapest one i could find in Europe. Anyway i really can feel the difference with DSi lower models and higher end. So far i really love it. Not much to complain about beside that i could not find any user made patches for it on the net.

Anyone knows links where people share great patches for it ? Yes i will create some myself but like starting from something rather than default saw patch.

And now thinking about a Prophet 12. Does it make sense to have both ? I read they are a bit different.

Thanks