Arturia Drumbrute - where did the thread go?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
MyKeyZ

Arturia Drumbrute - where did the thread go?

Post by MyKeyZ » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Looks like someone deleted the Artura Drumbrute thread
Tsk tsk tsk

Tidda

Re: Arturia Drumbrute - where did the thread go?

Post by Tidda » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:14 pm

I saw a post about a massive spam attack.
When I wanted to read it, it was gone.
Together with the forum rules and more posts at the top of the forum.
I guess anything goes now :mrgreen:

Tidda
Last edited by Tidda on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Yeah, I got a notice that someone added a new reply and I thought 'eh, I'll wait till tomorrow to read it" and it's gone. Now I don't...know...what...he...said....

Sometimes they get deleted along with the spam.
Change the title of this one and we'll carry on.

Anyhoo...I ended up getting a Volca Beats because I just couldn't wait any longer.
I'm reading about the sampler one (again).

But, yeah. I'm on the fence about pre-ordering or just putting a reserve at the closest store.
Trying to figure out the fastest way to get my hands on one.

And..and...hoping I don't get the 'burned by first roll-out problems-because you couldn't wait''
And the first batch ships with no issues.

I try to wait for the final word before updating and jumping on something so new...
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:00 pm

As always, apologies for lost threads. In the past two days I deleted about 40 pages of spam myself and the other mods no doubt have been busy as well. When I write "pages" that's two dozen posts per page, so that's about 1000 spam posts in a 24 hour period.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:49 pm

Yes I can vouch for the amount of spam there was yesterday, it was ridiculous.

Regarding the DrumBrute, there was a hands on demo of it at a shop here last night, I couldn't make it cause I had a meeting but I'll see if I know anyone that went to get their impressions of it.

It's funny to me to hear some people saying it doesn't sound good in the demos, all the demos sound good tonally to me.

krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Where the Embers Fall

Post by krzeppa » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:36 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:It's funny to me to hear some people saying it doesn't sound good in the demos, all the demos sound good tonally to me.
I find it quite humorous myself. The demos sounded really nice to me and made me consider possibly getting one in the future; but alas, I have enough drum machines, kits, etc. to keep me busy for a long time. I have the Spark, Battery 3, Attak, and Ultrabeat. I can pretty much dial up what I need. It would be nice to have a true analog drum machine though...if only I had endless supplies of disposable cash. :wink:

clubbedtodeath
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by clubbedtodeath » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:43 pm

It's all those individual outs that get me. I'm just imagining the fun that could be had with a stack of effects pedals..

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:It's funny to me to hear some people saying it doesn't sound good in the demos, all the demos sound good tonally to me.
I second this as well. Everything sounds okay or better to me. And with a machine like this, okay is good enough. But many of the voices sound great. I like both kicks and the snare sounds great. There seems to be a lot of whining about the hats; every machine has its quirks. The hats on my RZ-1 aren't really my cup of tea but plenty of people swear by them. Depends what you're looking for, I suppose.

But yeah, the demos sound good to me. There is a lot of flexibility built into those voices. More than on most analog drum machines, at least any with sequencers built in.

The 16 pattern chain song mode seems a little skimpy on paper. I wonder how this works out in performance, though. I'm about to offload an RX-5 but if memory is a problem, the RX-5 could be an able sequencer.
clubbedtodeath wrote:It's all those individual outs that get me. I'm just imagining the fun that could be had with a stack of effects pedals..
They're great for outboard fx, but just the ability to pan and EQ each voice separately makes a huge difference. Add a reverb fx loop and you're in business.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

MyKeyZ

Post by MyKeyZ » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:23 pm

I think it sounds great. Sounds like an analog drum machine.

Last edited by MyKeyZ on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:21 am

Haven't gotten to demo one yet, but I did put it on order. When I get my hands on it, I'll make the final decision, but so far it sounds good to me (via You Tube, etc.). I'm looking forward to seeing how it really sounds when tweaking it live.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:45 am

Walter Ego wrote:
The 16 pattern chain song mode seems a little skimpy on paper. I wonder how this works out in performance, though. I'm about to offload an RX-5 but if memory is a problem, the RX-5 could be an able sequencer.
The DrumBrute's sequencer will do things the RX5 and many other drum machines won't do. At less than $400, I've considered ordering a 2nd unit. I won't, though. One is enough.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

Aaron2
Gear: Pioneer: Toraiz SP-16
Elektron: AK, AR, MnM, MD, OT
DSI: Evolver, MEK, P08, Pro2
Korg: Arp Odyssey
Waldorf: Blofeld Keyboard

Post by Aaron2 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:42 am

Z wrote:
Walter Ego wrote:
The DrumBrute's sequencer will do things the RX5 and many other drum machines won't do. At less than $400, I've considered ordering a 2nd unit. I won't, though. One is enough.
Where are DrumBrutes being offered for less than $400? The cheapest I've seen is $449.

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:14 pm

I think someone in the other (deleted) thread had a musician's friend discount/coupon that dropped the price below whatever its street cost would be. I heard late November/first week of December for shipping from the fine folks at Sweetwater so.....I dunno WHERE to put that pre order in for the best results in the US.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

MyKeyZ

Post by MyKeyZ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:56 am

Yeah, Musicians Friend e-mailed me a personal 15% off discount code to use. When I called in, the salesman wouldn't honor it because the item was a preorder. So I wrote customer service/management in regards to denying me from using a coupon they sent me for being away for a while and they wrote me back saying they will honor it for me and gave me a direct line to call. Came to just under $383, no tax and free shipping. Site said it was shipping on November 4th. But I guess those dates could change.

On a side note, scored a Dreadbox Hades for $288. Gonna be a nice companion with my Erebus.