Oberheim Computer Interface specifications

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Synthead

Oberheim Computer Interface specifications

Post by Synthead » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking to build an open source MIDI/Oberheim Computer Interface converter based off Arduino. I found this, which is enough to get me started, but is there any other information on this port that I could research?

The goal is to make integrating these Oberheims as accessible as possible without expensive MIDI retrofits that require you to hack up innocent vintage gear. There's a perfectly good port already suited for that purpose on most of these vintage Oberheims that almost nobody can really use. I want to change that.

Thanks!

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Re: Oberheim Computer Interface specifications

Post by Zamise » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:13 am

The OB-SX already has something like that, don't know if helpful for you, tho yeah I remember them being pretty expensive... quick google search, first link: http://www.midisoft.de/OBSX/obsx_midi_c ... rev2c.html

It would be nice to get something like it that isn't expensive if that is what you are trying to do?
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

Rasputin

Re: Oberheim Computer Interface specifications

Post by Rasputin » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:17 am

Given that the info in the DSX and OB-Xa service manuals are close to identical (same as you found above), I doubt you'll find any more official specs on that port than that.

But, I'd try to borrow someone's JL Cooper Oberface and see what's going on in that. Seems a pretty direct route.