so Juno 60's are about £1000 now? what the h**l?!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
squatski

so Juno 60's are about £1000 now? what the h**l?!

Post by squatski » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:27 pm

What's going on with the Juno 60 and 106's? seriously. I want one but just about £1000 to get one that's nuts! 10 years ago you could get one for 400-600£? yeah roughly that depending on condition. I mean, I want one for looks... cause yeah they look gorgeous! especially the 60 with the blue/red/white/black colour theme and the wood side thingies.

but when you think about the sound of the Juno 60 and 106, they don't do a lot, you hit chorus and it all sounds very Juno'y. still, always wanted one! and sure the sound is that nice oldskool roland rubbery wet filter sound but can people just stop going silly on the money please? I want to eat/drink and have shelter as well as a nice synth! rant over. :evil:

or some one just give me a juno60 NOW for free.

fh991586
Gear: Roland JX3P, D50, U220, MVS1, JP8080.
Korg Kaossilator, Monotrons, MicroKorg, M3R.
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Re: so Juno 60's are about £1000 now? what the h**l?!

Post by fh991586 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:57 pm

If people like you didn't want the Junos so bad, then their prices would not have skyrocketed like that!

Now pay up, or get a Boutique JU-06 while it's cheap...
Considering parting away from:
-Roland TR707
-DSI Mopho

Baus

Post by Baus » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:48 pm

The Juno-106 was the first synth I ever played with. That was back in 1985/86 in High School.

Both the Juno-60 and 106 are nice synths but yeah.... the price. And recently I have seen more posts about
non-working sound chips than any other Roland synth. I few months ago I got an Alpha Juno-1. I am seriously
amazed by the sound and keep asking myself: why would someone prefer a 106 over an Alpha Juno 1 or 2?

I would like to compare them so I can get my answer.

Yekuku
Gear: dk'tronics speech synthesizer :P

Post by Yekuku » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 am

This is usually what happens when people that have no idea about vintage gear, get infected with the analog bug.
Alpha junos are soon to follow, maybe get one while you can ?
It is all about sharing...

squatski

Post by squatski » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:08 am

Yeah for me the juno60 was the first proper synth I got to play, was a bit later in music college though. I already had a casio hz600 but it was ehhhh, it's cool in its own way but when I got to hear the 60 for the first time.... :P :P

I think the main people want them is 1: hands on control 2: that filter 3: it looks sexy!
vintage analog poly's... shame there isn't enough to go around! roland you should have made more!

and at fh991586, you're right I will have to pay up :( looks like it's hardcore saving the pennies for the next 4 months

Virgule

Post by Virgule » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:29 am

There are two Juno-60s on Kijiji right now. One with DCB/Midi converter for 2000$ and another one for 1900$. :shock:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-piano-keyboard/c ... nFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-piano-keyboard/o ... nFlag=true

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:11 am

I'm ready to sell my 106... It's... Not THAT great.
soundcloud.com/vectron

ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:07 am

Yekuku wrote:This is usually what happens when people that have no idea about vintage gear, get infected with the analog bug. [...]
Right on.

And before they don't anything vaguely "vintage" at all, they panic and are willing to pay every price for stuff that is essentially worthless.

A Juno 60 or 106... oh, come on. 350 to 450 Euros would be realistic for what they can do. You'd be better off buying the new Behringer synth.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Alex E wrote:I'm ready to sell my 106... It's... Not THAT great.
A lot of people say that about the 106. Not so many say that about their Juno-60s.
ppg_wavecomputer wrote:A Juno 60 or 106... oh, come on. 350 to 450 Euros would be realistic for what they can do. You'd be better off buying the new Behringer synth.
I sold my second one and actually lost money... Mainly because it was I who was mistaken about a great many things regarding how to go about shipping the thing. :facepalm: Live and learn I suppose. I kept the one that was rattier, but that sounded much warmer and sweeter, so I know that there's some variation there. With mine, I can usually come up with exactly the sound I want to hear immediately, knowing that I can't do super complex sounds involving fm, s&h, etc. That in itself has a great deal of value that's overlooked on paper. My access virus has probably 50 times the power of the Juno, and still sounds great, but it sometimes it needs a little more... foreplay... :?: :?
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Unless it's powered by an ENTIRE GENERATION (whether you were born in the VST age or this new remake era) that has been told, argued, pushed, led (heavily) to believe there's nothing like those originals. How many modern ROMplers do I dig through that have presets STILL named after old synths? So maybe THAT is to blame. They have actually been convinced that NOTHING sounds like the original and somehow that original sound is the ultimate for that tone.

I remembered the first time I played with Arturias (or was it Gforce?) Oddity VST and the Moog ones that I thought 'man, if this sounds like this....what does the actual thing sound like?!!!'

So the VST inspires the looking back so what impact does all these mini units have?
I think the Roland boutiques are $100 dollars too expensive, but they may become the new (older) electribes where they drop in price and become a very cool thing to have.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:29 pm

10 years ago you could get one for 400-600£?
And ten years before that you could get one for $200 in the USA. So what? Shall I tell you about the SH-101 I bought for $25?

In terms of real money, used Junos still sell well below what they cost new. Relax.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:11 pm

There are a handful of old synths that are unmatched by newer emulations. The Juno series isn't one of them. They are a chorus chip with keys attached.

squatski

Post by squatski » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm

i think the main problem is ebay. I'm looking else where for a juno60. screw ebay.

ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Jabberwalky wrote:There are a handful of old synths that are unmatched by newer emulations. The Juno series isn't one of them. They are a chorus chip with keys attached.
:lol:

You might want to throw in the Polysix here as well -- turn off the chorus and the result will be nowhere near as spectacular as with modulation set to "on". Incidentally, the P6 is also hopelessly overpriced...

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:49 pm

Jabberwalky wrote:There are a handful of old synths that are unmatched by newer emulations. The Juno series isn't one of them. They are a chorus chip with keys attached.
:lol: :lol: