Happy Christmas, love from Arturia

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Re: Happy Christmas, love from Arturia

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:17 pm

It sits in my Arturia customer account safe and sound, I'll download it tonight :). Thanks, Arturia!
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

Arturia

Post by Arturia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Weirdofromouterspace wrote:It sits in my Arturia customer account safe and sound, I'll download it tonight :). Thanks, Arturia!
As long as you claim it, you can download it whenever you want for free!!

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:50 pm

Arturia wrote:As long as you claim it, you can download it whenever you want for free!!
Yep, I noticed that, it is already registered with its serial number :). (I have an account anyway since I registered my Minibrute and Keystep previously).
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:15 pm

griffin avid wrote: They just killed Analog synths....drum machines.....controllers....what's left?.
WHAT? I love my MiniBrute and MicroBrute and now my DrumBrute. I'd love a MatrixBrute, but not sure it's worth $2k. Damn fine synth, though.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

sw_hunt
Gear: Moog Voyager
Korg Kronos
Korg Oddysey x 2
Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard
Arturia V Collection

Post by sw_hunt » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:44 pm

No-one loves real analogue synths more than I do - I've ben buying them since 1977, including original ARP Axxe, two Moog Voyagers, an Alesis Andromeda and recently two Korg Odyssey modules. I have to say that Arturia's V Collection is the most convincing emulation I've yet heard. And everything just works properly, from installation and activation to the way you can easily re-size things to fit the screen properly. One of the best companies around at the moment, doing exciting things and doing them well. You've got to admire the innovation going on there, from the Matrix to the Beatstep Pro; very novel stuff. What we need next is a 5 octave 5-voice MiniBrute with CV outputs please ;-)

There's plenty of room for real stuff AND virtual stuff.

Arturia

Post by Arturia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:48 pm

sw_hunt wrote:No-one loves real analogue synths more than I do - I've ben buying them since 1977, including original ARP Axxe, two Moog Voyagers, an Alesis Andromeda and recently two Korg Odyssey modules. I have to say that Arturia's V Collection is the most convincing emulation I've yet heard. And everything just works properly, from installation and activation to the way you can easily re-size things to fit the screen properly. One of the best companies around at the moment, doing exciting things and doing them well. You've got to admire the innovation going on there, from the Matrix to the Beatstep Pro; very novel stuff. What we need next is a 5 octave 5-voice MiniBrute with CV outputs please ;-)

Thank you for your comment!
I've forwarded it to the team :)

Uncle Screwtape
Gear: Access Virus Indigo
Alesis ion
Arturia MiniBrute SE
DSI Mopho
Novation KS4
Vermona DRM1 MkIII
Roland TR-707
Korg DDD-5
Korg Volcas (4)
Band: Uncle Screwtape

Post by Uncle Screwtape » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Z wrote:
griffin avid wrote: They just killed Analog synths....drum machines.....controllers....what's left?.
WHAT? I love my MiniBrute and MicroBrute and now my DrumBrute. I'd love a MatrixBrute, but not sure it's worth $2k. Damn fine synth, though.
I kind of read that to mean the opposite - that they are "killing it" making great stuff for a proper price, but maybe I was wrong.

Otherwise, I agree. Arturia are changing (maybe repairing is the proper word) the game - proving that analog doesn't actually HAVE TO BE expensive - because it's not. I love my MiniBrute for its simplicity, BeatStepPro for its complexity, and can't wait to crack open the DrumBrute under the tree. It's like they asked me to select it's features - everything I would ask for in a drum machine of any type. Untested, I only wish it had the Brute Factor. Seems odd that a "Brute" would not have that, but I was just finishing up a "drum distortion" design when the DB was announced - so I added 1/8" inputs to accommodate. Problem solved. 'Cept now I need more channels. :facepalm:

Thanks Arturia - for your products, as well as the gift. You guys are awesome! :headbang:

-Jay
Your... affectionate uncle,
-Screwtape

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:43 am

I can't believe I got it right!
Yeah 'killing it' as in doing an awesome job.

I remember when VSTs were new and you had no idea which company would turn into a monster and which ones would turn into no-longer-availables. NI was right there too with the software early.

Congratulations to Arturia and thank you very much for me new plug!

I don't even want to suggest another product cause I'm scared at what they might create. lol

Okay....a sampler....yep....one that SAMPLES. [records sounds from a {please} 1/4 jack]
1) Maybe SD card for storage or mounts Flash Drives
2) and USB to PC to cross transfer.
3) Internal robust file system that breaks sample category down.and supports kits and separate sound sets
4) Standard pitch up & down with support for multi-samples -if difficult or expensive - go with a few velocity layers.
or even layering groups where pads can share triggers (or chokes) to keep it simple.
5) Sequencer (you already got that covered)
6) Real time stretch (PLEASE!!!)
7)Crazy digital effects

And finally --- finally---a real export for both Samples and mixdown Sequences as separate files.
This done through USB to PC or to SD card/flash drive etc...

Okay okay. Back to it.
Thank you so very much for the plug-in and keep up the good work.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

blueknob
Gear: ESi32/E6400U, Novation Supernova, Ensoniq (a shedful), vintage Macs, Hamm C3/122

Post by blueknob » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 am

Hum.. there's nothing for me. It reminds of my brother who always gives me really stupid xmas gift that I very quickly drop in the bin. :lol:

Arturia

Post by Arturia » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:09 am

griffin avid wrote:I can't believe I got it right!
Yeah 'killing it' as in doing an awesome job.

I remember when VSTs were new and you had no idea which company would turn into a monster and which ones would turn into no-longer-availables. NI was right there too with the software early.

Congratulations to Arturia and thank you very much for me new plug!

I don't even want to suggest another product cause I'm scared at what they might create. lol

Okay....a sampler....yep....one that SAMPLES. [records sounds from a {please} 1/4 jack]
1) Maybe SD card for storage or mounts Flash Drives
2) and USB to PC to cross transfer.
3) Internal robust file system that breaks sample category down.and supports kits and separate sound sets
4) Standard pitch up & down with support for multi-samples -if difficult or expensive - go with a few velocity layers.
or even layering groups where pads can share triggers (or chokes) to keep it simple.
5) Sequencer (you already got that covered)
6) Real time stretch (PLEASE!!!)
7)Crazy digital effects

And finally --- finally---a real export for both Samples and mixdown Sequences as separate files.
This done through USB to PC or to SD card/flash drive etc...

Okay okay. Back to it.
Thank you so very much for the plug-in and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback! Shared it to the team :)

sw_hunt
Gear: Moog Voyager
Korg Kronos
Korg Oddysey x 2
Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard
Arturia V Collection

Post by sw_hunt » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Arturia wrote:
sw_hunt wrote:No-one loves real analogue synths more than I do - I've ben buying them since 1977, including original ARP Axxe, two Moog Voyagers, an Alesis Andromeda and recently two Korg Odyssey modules. I have to say that Arturia's V Collection is the most convincing emulation I've yet heard. And everything just works properly, from installation and activation to the way you can easily re-size things to fit the screen properly. One of the best companies around at the moment, doing exciting things and doing them well. You've got to admire the innovation going on there, from the Matrix to the Beatstep Pro; very novel stuff. What we need next is a 5 octave 5-voice MiniBrute with CV outputs please ;-)

Thank you for your comment!
I've forwarded it to the team :)
If Arturia want to give me a real gift for Xmas, someone could convert this CS80V patch from old format to current? :mrgreen:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topi ... .msg135718
post 8

:D :D :D :D :D

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:51 pm

I think I know the answer to this already, but I'll put it out there anyway. There's no way for the plug to work on XP is there?
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

SeventhStar
Gear: (Sequential Prophet 600, MULTI-TRAK & TOM), DARK STAR, Arturia Prophet V & Modular V, M-AUDIO Keystation 61es

Post by SeventhStar » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:04 pm

I was finally able to reset my Arturia password, after not being able to do it on my phone. Strange I didn't see the option to do it on my iPhone. I had to browse to the Arturia site on a laptop, then the "forgot password link" was visible.. So it looks like I will get the MiniFilter gift afterall!

Thanks Arturia! I will add this to my Prophet V and Modular V.

urgetoplay

Re: A Christmas surprise from Arturia

Post by urgetoplay » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:59 am

Thank you so much for the gift but I can"t seem to access it. I activated it and I'm running Logic Pro 9 on a mac running Yosemite. Any helpful hints??
Resonance in Humans is called Empathy.

Arturia

Post by Arturia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:12 pm

SeventhStar wrote:I was finally able to reset my Arturia password, after not being able to do it on my phone. Strange I didn't see the option to do it on my iPhone. I had to browse to the Arturia site on a laptop, then the "forgot password link" was visible.. So it looks like I will get the MiniFilter gift afterall!

Thanks Arturia! I will add this to my Prophet V and Modular V.
Glad it worked out :) enjoy it!!