Affordable Key Controller with Arpeggiator - 61 keys plus?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Andrew.

Affordable Key Controller with Arpeggiator - 61 keys plus?

Post by Andrew. » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:31 pm

I think I've settled on grabbing one of Roland's boutique series modules (JU-06), and now I'm looking for a cheap key controller that has a built in arpeggiator.

My criteria: I don't want to spend more than $120-180 and it has to have a built in arpeggiator.

I've seen several that do this (Arturia Keystep being one of them), but most all of them are like 32 keys or less. The ones I've seen that DO have at least 61 keys and a built in arpeggiator are $500 and up.

Am I out of luck? Or is there something out there that I'm missing?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Affordable Key Controller with Arpeggiator - 61 keys plu

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:47 pm

Mfrs have to leave something out to keep prices down and arpeggiators are actually somewhat uncommon in controller keyboards.

Look into used keyboards...many of the Akai MPK series have arpeggiators and new ones are out of your budget. The Yamaha KX61 from 2007 has an arpeggiator. Don't overlook cheap used synthesizers with arpeggiators although under $180 and 61 keys will be a stretch.

Good luck.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

zmd
Gear: ion, djx, su200, fb01, sk50d, dotcom, kodyssey, volcas, minibrute, minilogue, tg33, 522, streichfett, monotrons, cp35
Band: Shrimp ring/usse/wrote/usurper

Post by zmd » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:58 pm

you might find a used yamaha DJX for that! Cool arp, decent keys and a surprising sound source
that's not dirt, that's chili sauce!

Ncapone
Gear: Roland V-Synth
Moog Sub 37
Korg EMX-1
Crumar Performer
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08
Band: Terrapin

Post by Ncapone » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:36 am

The Novation Impulse 61 is good for that, I use it with my JP-08s and it works very well. Worth the cost.