Korg Trinity Plus

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
rztricky

Korg Trinity Plus

Post by rztricky » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:19 am

Good evening VSE community, I am new to the forum and look forward to learning more. I have signed up for a direct reason as I am working on gathering some older Korg synths. One recently purchased was a Trinity Plus. I am curious about a few details;

1. Do EXB-PCM expansion sounds work for this synth and if not which ones are compatible?
2. Does anyone have particular recommendations for replacement parts resellers?
3. Does anyone know if the spare parts are being manufactured as new from any specific 3rd party?

Cheers!

justin_havu
Gear: Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, PSS-270 / Korg Trinity ProX, 01/W ProX, Karma / Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD / Roland RD-1000 / Behringer Deepmind-12

Re: Korg Trinity Plus

Post by justin_havu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:08 am

1. EXB-PCM boards work for the Triton only. The only sound expansions for the Trinity are the SOLO-TRI which adds a Prophecy synth engine to the Trinity, however the Trinity Plus aready has that option, and the MOSS-TRI, which is somewhat equivalent to the Z1 synth.
2. I like Syntaur, although others may chime in with other resellers.
3. I think it depends on the part. Stuff like PCB's, knobs, joysticks, etc. will most likely be used, as far as I know.
Waveforms, and filters, and knobs. Oh my!

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:06 am

A followup to this, do all Tritons have the MOSS synth installed? Or is that a hardware addon card?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 pm

I remember when looking at the Triton Extreme a decade ago that the MOSS board was an option, not built in.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:33 pm

The MOSS is an option card and only the last round of Triton Extreme(s) came with it. The cards run about $600 on Ebay.