iPad layout for Radikal Technologies Accelerator

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
acemonvw

iPad layout for Radikal Technologies Accelerator

Post by acemonvw » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 pm

In case anyone here has a Radikal Technologies Accelerator and you don't follow the RT forum... I created a layout using Midi Designer Pro 2 for it. You can see a good example of what I created using the app:

As well as a walkthrough of the app:
Version 1:

Updated version 2:

stikygum

Re: iPad layout for Radikal Technologies Accelerator

Post by stikygum » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:46 am

This deserves some praise! I love it when hardware synths get iPad editors. Big fan of hardware synths in general (vs software), but I've always felt iPad editors really open up these synths like never before. And yours looks like it was organizing well. Nice work!
"MTV's gaudy overexuberance contributed to the trivialization of the one thing it had been initiated to support, music" - Rik Millhouse

n3wt15
Gear: a never ending cycle of ins and outs
Band: Armageddon Party

Post by n3wt15 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:03 am

Thats really neat! Great job!
I dig the sound of that board a lot too....I love the radikal stuff.
I wish there was a software for the spectralis, but I suppose I wont open that can of worms..

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:42 pm

Thanks guys!

@stikygum - I agree. It's quite a lot of fun using the iPad over using the matrix editing. I think it makes working with the Accelerator a lot easier - especially having put in a "init patch" feature, that alone is pretty nice! And thanks about the organization. I think I spent 3 weeks making it and then re-doing it because it wasn't good enough. It's surprising how much work goes into stuff like this!

@n3wt15 - Thanks :) I really enjoy the sound too - of all their stuff. I tried to make an ipad layout for the Spectralis, but nope - no MIDI data sent/received by it :( So I gave up pretty quickly!