Roland xv 3080. What does os 1.11 do ?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
the synthman

Roland xv 3080. What does os 1.11 do ?

Post by the synthman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:48 pm

I've emailed Roland technical support but all they said was they no longer support this item as it's over 5 to years old? I find this strange seeing as it's still supported on their website site, There also is no mention of this in the read me file in the download. So, can someone tell me what the os v 1.11 update ether added, updated or fixed from os v1.06

Thanks

Baus

Re: Roland xv 3080. What does os 1.11 do ?

Post by Baus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Yes.... if it's not supported anymore....expect no support from the manufacturer...any manufacturer.

And that's no problem. There's always people keeping 'the vibe' alive.

I think the OS update has some new features and bug-fixed as well as support for the SRX expansion boards...all off them. Always good to update to the latest OS.

Robin.

the synthman

Post by the synthman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Baus wrote:Yes.... if it's not supported anymore....expect no support from the manufacturer...any manufacturer.

And that's no problem. There's always people keeping 'the vibe' alive.

I think the OS update has some new features and bug-fixed as well as support for the SRX expansion boards...all off them. Always good to update to the latest OS.

Robin.
Thanks for replying.

I guessed the new OS 1.11 would add some new features, but it would be nice to know what they are. Also, what support does it give to the SRX expansion boards ?

desmond

Post by desmond » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:25 pm

These OS updates rarely add significant new features, it's usually a few minor bugfixes, and support for new expansion cards - ie, newer ones that were released after the synth was made, so it has to recognise new card ID's etc.