Garageband alternatives for PC (Windows 10)

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
robertmichael

Garageband alternatives for PC (Windows 10)

Post by robertmichael » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:06 pm

I love the sound and recording features of garageband. Is there a way I can use it on my Windows PC? The sound output is seen better than my Vox headphone mini amp but can’t seem to figure out a way to have garageband on windows.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Garageband alternatives for PC (Windows 10)

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:18 am

There is no way to run Garageband on Windows.

What's your budget, how many tracks do you need, will you be using third party plugins or only sounds available inside the DAW itself? You won't find most DAWs as easy to work with as Garageband, though. There's more of a learning curve involved.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

ricky miller

Post by ricky miller » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:23 am

You have to use emulators like VMWare but the performance is not good with this method and you will feel frustrated after some time. It is better to buy Macbook to use garageband.

imolivia

Post by imolivia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:45 am

Yes, you do have better GarageBand Alternatives for Windows 10. Garageband is not officially available for windows and garageband is macOs application. But there are some windows pc emulators by which you can run garageband app without any problem. https://garagebandonpc.com/alternatives/
Here is the complete guide on that!
Cheers!

meatballfulton

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Keep in mind that you can't buy Garageband. It's installed on new Macs. You would need an account at the online App Store to be able to download it, I'm not sure if that's even possible with a Hackintosh. Hopefully that link will explain how to get around this problem.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

ricky miller

Post by ricky miller » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:52 am

meatballfulton wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:00 pm
Keep in mind that you can't buy Garageband. It's installed on new Macs. You would need an account at the online App Store to be able to download it, I'm not sure if that's even possible with a Hackintosh. Hopefully that link will explain how to get around this problem.
I am not sure as well if that even possible but this article here shows the ways how you can do it. But I am not sure if what they say is true.

meatballfulton

Post by meatballfulton » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:13 pm

Wow, if you can make it through that VMWare install example, good luck. :? A lot of work just to get Garageband!

To the OP: the article wonders why Garageband is not available for Windows. Well, no Apple programs are available for Windows except for iTunes/Music. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Garageband uses the engine of Logic, which became a Mac only program after Apple bought it's creator Emagic 18 years ago. Since the Windows code base for Logic was abandoned back then, Apple will never have a Windows version of Garageband.

ricky miller

Post by ricky miller » Wed May 06, 2020 7:10 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:13 pm
A lot of work just to get Garageband!
Exactly! I mean if someone wants to use Garageband just because it is free then there are other options like cakewalk as well which you can use on windows without any hassle.