Recording music online free

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Recording music online free

Postby DocDeF4U17 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:18 am

Anyone know where I can go to record my music for free?, not too familiar with whats out there, my friends have recorded me on garage band and stuff years ago but he paid for it and I got no money I just bought a cheap usb able mic and not sure where to start...
If you make good music outside, animals will visit
DocDeF4U17

Gear: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-250 with missing legs, Yamaha PSS-470, Korg ElectribER-1

Re: Recording music online free

Postby gcoudert » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:07 am

I don't think you should expect somebody else to record your music for free but, as it looks as though you only use electronic instruments, why don't you save up for a multitrack digital recorder? After getting tired of firing up the PC, I invested in a Tascam DP-24SD (just over £300 - 12 mono tracks, 6 stereo tracks, effects) and, although it isn't half as flexible as a DAW, it does what it says on the tin. I also have a cheap Behringer C1 condenser mic (£30 - the Tascam provides the required phantom power) for those extremely rare occasions when I have to record a voice or whatever. It's not great quality - it is a Behringer after all - but it's enough for what I do.
GC
gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Postby meatballfulton » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:12 pm

What is your computer? I assume it's Windows because all Macs come with Gargaeband free. There are a number of free recording programs out there for both OSes.

Reaper is the one worth looking into first. The "demo" is full featured and doesn't time out, I think it has a nag screen instead. The actual price for non-professional use is only $60, you can use it for free and if you like it enough pony up the cash. Pro users are expected to pay $200.

Presonus has a free version of Studio One called Studio One Prime that's a teaser for the full version. It does not accept VST plugins (you have to use the native ones, which include a sampler as well as FX) but it does support unlimited tracks for both audio and MIDI.

There's a number of other programs available but I'd check those two out first.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby DocDeF4U17 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:45 pm

thanks, i only paid $20 for a samson go mic so im trying to learn to record with it (maybe some acoustic songs) but need to learn a whole new windows program so grrr
If you make good music outside, animals will visit
DocDeF4U17

Gear: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-250 with missing legs, Yamaha PSS-470, Korg ElectribER-1

Postby daynel8 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:25 am

Check out Soundation. It features effects, virtual instruments and a lot more.
daynel8

Postby ericvin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:34 pm

Dude there are so many demos. Also to be honest, get a job and by a proper setup if you want to make music. When I wanted to start my first business, I got a job as a lube monkey. It sucked but after saving the 400 dollars, I paid for the course in full. It didn't work out but since then, I've done the same thing for my music production studio. Just build the thing piece by piece. All the online free stuff is garbage. Learn using the proper tools like Ableton or Logic Pro. You can do it!
ericvin

Return to Sound Production