Best cables out there?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
i_watch_stars

Re: Old Items in a New Item way

Post by i_watch_stars » Fri May 18, 2007 5:22 am

Motavis wrote:
i_watch_stars wrote:LOL...who cares? I just get cheap HOSA cables. It really only matters if you have long cable runs, or stuff that is going to cause heavy interference, right?

As I mentioned I am getting a hisssssssssssssssing. So I am looking perhaps
from what you said something to keep the interferences down or the hisssing.
Oh ok...well how long are your cable runs? All my cables are six feet or less, usually 3 feet. Keep in mind that balanced cables only work with balanced gear and a completely balanced signal path. Also, the balance/unbalance of your cables should be irrelevant if you don't have long cable runs.

Other than that, keeping cables away from powercords, or at least not parralell, helps.

If all else fails, and its still there, its probably gear related in which case, well, that sucks right?

Motavis

Re: Old Items in a New Item way

Post by Motavis » Fri May 18, 2007 5:29 am

i_watch_stars wrote:
Motavis wrote:
i_watch_stars wrote:LOL...who cares? I just get cheap HOSA cables. It really only matters if you have long cable runs, or stuff that is going to cause heavy interference, right?

As I mentioned I am getting a hisssssssssssssssing. So I am looking perhaps
from what you said something to keep the interferences down or the hisssing.
Oh ok...well how long are your cable runs? All my cables are six feet or less, usually 3 feet. Keep in mind that balanced cables only work with balanced gear and a completely balanced signal path. Also, the balance/unbalance of your cables should be irrelevant if you don't have long cable runs.

Other than that, keeping cables away from powercords, or at least not parralell, helps.

If all else fails, and its still there, its probably gear related in which case, well, that sucks right?
I don't think it's gear. I have played both my XL7 and my Virus and both do it. Do you know if mono or
stereo cables (tip/ring) would matter on this? Also is there any cables you know of that block a lot of
this interference. (cost not a problem) Above you can see my temp set up .. I run no more then 6ft.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/motavis/se ... 216289127/

ALSO ... it's not my new Adam A7's because I tested head phones.
ImageImage