looking for fun effects toys

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Postby tallowwaters » Thu May 31, 2007 11:30 am

Cruel Hoax wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot about one: the EF-303! (Boss/Roland) It's got standard effects, vocoder (with built-in synth!) bitcrusher, filter, etc. But one parameter can be sequenced with those 16 sliders, so your signal can pulse frum bitcrushed to normal, to half-weird, all synced to clock or your finger tap. Hella fun (and those sliders send MIDI, too!)

I'm gonna Mitch ya a little bit here and talk about one I've never owned: the Digitech Space Station. Weird effects, and whammy-style rocker pedal to control the freakouts.

tallow, you are a f**k madman. Whatr kind of f**k world is it when we aren't already making music together? I need to figure out some way to collaborate. h**l, maybe just sending you a bunch of WAV files or something...

You're gonna love the VT-1; it's a cool-ass box. I wired one into a telephone handpiece (this was when I was answering the phones in the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant). I originally did it to impersonate one of my co-workers (who didn't speak English and needed my help to get her drivers' license transferred to this state.) But I left it in place after I was done, and started answering the phone in a troll voice, or a munchkin voice, or whatever. I'd answer the phone with a woman's voice, acting all flirtatious and sweet, and over the course of the phone call, I'd slowly lower the pitch until I was obviously a dude with a deep bass voice. f**k hysterical!

-Hoax

you know, i have read tons about the space station. it has an effect setting called 'pixelize' and time stretched reverse delays and reverbs. how f**k cool is that? its one of those pedals you can never get on ebay, but you will probably find in a pawn shop for 20 bucks.

always wondered about the ef303. rolands coolest devices are always aimed at DJs.

really psyched about the vt1. i always wanted to be a girl, you know... :wink:

anyhow, school's out on june 14th, so anytime you could swing by for a few days.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: LC-MS/MS

Postby killedaway » Thu May 31, 2007 11:01 pm

i've always wanted a VT1, but could never commit to it for the price it (still) commands. congrats, tallow.
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Postby JUGEL » Thu May 31, 2007 11:18 pm

This thing sounds pretty bitchin...

Toy Story Voice Changer
JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Postby tallowwaters » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:34 am

i know...300 dollars is just too much, and that is coming from somebody that never bitches about prices...if they wouldnt add on all the less useful features, but i guess they were just trying to make it too 'all in one'

if you want to hear how excellent it can sound, check out "we share our mother's health" by the knife (where it is doing the opposite of what i plan on doing with it)

will gladly post some inferior demos when i get it.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.
tallowwaters

Gear: LC-MS/MS

Previous

Return to Sound Production