ReAmping Questions

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

ReAmping Questions

Postby astro_tiki » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:42 pm

I’ve been thinking about buying a reamping device, but I wanted to see if anyone here has experience reamping synths. Below is what I thought the signal chain might look like w/ my set-up.

For me, the big question is what to put after the guitar pedals. I have this direct box, I think it’s a Whirlwind IMP, but I’m not sure if it will do the trick. One of my friends has a POD and he said he’ll bring it by to try out. A guitar amp is also an option, but space is kind of an issue for me (maybe a mini-amp w/ a direct out?). However, if there are any cheap amps out there worth looking into, I’d love to hear about those.
astro_tiki

Postby divineaudio » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:12 am

any local music store or pawn shop should have a small cheap guitar amp that you could use. di into the mixer will work also.

and this should be in sound production btw. cheers.
divineaudio

Gear: far too much.
Band: metria

Postby steveman » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:39 pm

If you're not going into a guitar amp you don't need a reamping device, just some attenuation. Pedals aren't fussy about the impedance of the device feeding them. It's possible to make up a cable to do the attenuation and at the same time up the o/p impedance of the keyboard AFA the pedal's concerned. I did post some resistor values for this a while back, but of course that thread has disappeared.
steveman

Return to Sound Production