Live Midi out?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Live Midi out?

Postby metrosonus » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Does live have a midi out function? maybe im not seeing it.. I dont currently have a midi interface, since im not running midi gear right now. I was thinking if I had one, I'd see an option for selecting the midi channel and so on.

For some reason I just thought about it, and I can't find anything about midi out. What I'd like to do is set up a midi track and have that go to one synth, and another track to another synth ect. Its pretty standard stuff, just I dont know if live can do that :shock:
metrosonus

Postby pudd86 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:39 pm

yes. in the midi track, where it says 'midi to' select your destination there i.e. your midi interface output.
pudd86

Postby tunedLow » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:21 pm

Yeah, exactly what he said. If you're not seeing your midi card in your out options you may have it configured wrong.

Have fun using Live. I've only been using it a short time now but I love it.
tunedLow
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Sage XP 4wt 10
Sage TXL 3wt 710

Postby Stab Frenzy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:22 am

It's all in the manual...
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Live Midi out?

Postby EddieJ » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:51 am

metrosonus wrote:Does live have a midi out function? maybe im not seeing it.. I dont currently have a midi interface, since im not running midi gear right now. I was thinking if I had one, I'd see an option for selecting the midi channel and so on.

For some reason I just thought about it, and I can't find anything about midi out. What I'd like to do is set up a midi track and have that go to one synth, and another track to another synth ect. Its pretty standard stuff, just I dont know if live can do that :shock:

The only thing I use Live for is MIDI sequencing. I don't touch it's softsynth or audio capabilities. However, you won't see MIDI devices in the routing options if you have none hooked up.
EMX-1, ESX-1, MS2000R, Radias-R, XV2020, KS4, BassStation Rack, Live 6

Visit my music page on MySpace!
EddieJ

Postby kyodai » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:17 pm

you may have to configure your midi outputs. or go to preferences -> midi/sync.
kyodai

Postby Cruel Hoax » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:14 am

I don't have any windows; why can't I throw things out of my house without opening a door? I mean, I could throw all sorts of things out -say- a window: things like moldy books, apple cores, messages in bottles... But I don't have any windows. So why can't I throw things out of my house?

-Hoax
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever." -Baron Munchausen
Cruel Hoax
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Moog Voyager, Roland V-Synth, Roland MC-909, Parker Nitefly, Master Room & Fostex Springverbs, Lexicon Vortex, Travel guitar, Acoustic guitar.
Band: Giorgio Moroder's Moustache

Return to Sound Production