What an amazing device--Metasonix TM1

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
HaroldD

What an amazing device--Metasonix TM1

Post by HaroldD » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:14 am

I just have to post some comments about this thing I just got. OK, forgive my judgmentalism, but I've tried all kinds of effect boxes. Sherman Filterbank, very versatile, but has a "papery" distortion sound I don't care for. Frostwave, OK but probably too clean, yes even the Sonic Alienator (it didn't alienate me, just made everything sound like an old sampler). Schippmann filter--great but too expensive.

Mind you, I'm looking for the REAL, serious ANALOG. And this Metasonix thing is THE ONE. It is the BOMB. I run my nice, competent Andromeda thru it, and the universe collapses into a black hole! The sound is so thick and meat-saturated, I'm afraid for my arteries.

Why didn't I hear more about this before? Why isn't there more talk on forums about it? One result is that I've been researching the Metasonix company, and decided to update the Wikipedia page about them. And again, there's not much online about them OR their stuff. Some nice reviews on Harmony Central, some lukewarm-positive reviews on emusician.com. Big deal.

I must get more Metasonix yellow boxes.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:15 pm

I used to talk about it alot on here...but nobody really cared. It's a great box that sounds like nothing else. I actually like it for subtle distortion...not the over the top stuff. I think people get turned off from the examples on Metasonix's site....where they come off as one dimensional products, when they truly are not. Also, most people want to try before they buy...and with these most cannot do that.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

divineaudio
Gear: far too much.
Band: metria

Post by divineaudio » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:58 pm

just how flexible is that little box? how subtle/crazy can it get? and does the sound change depending on whats fed into it? sound clips please if you have them. :wink:

i have wanted one of these for quite some time, and i'm coming into some money at the end of the month. i just might have to get one...

CloudOnAFly

Post by CloudOnAFly » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:19 pm

divineaudio wrote:just how flexible is that little box? how subtle/crazy can it get? and does the sound change depending on whats fed into it? sound clips please if you have them. :wink:

i have wanted one of these for quite some time, and i'm coming into some money at the end of the month. i just might have to get one...
It's quite the little demon, i wish i had mine with me to record a demo for you real quick ><.

It really is daunting at first, with the whole "i turn this knob a little ...c**p what the h**l is going on" effect happening until you get used to it. If I remember correctly it has some cv ins for vca, and the beam, as well as the ring mod signal.

i own a couple ring mods (this one and the moogerfooger). this is probably the craziest ring mod i've actually messed with, once you get it dialed in just right for whatever your working on it blends in really nicely, with a tad of grunge.

the finally, it can at it's own will, pending on what you're sending into it...
it can disintegrate into popping and whirring, and squeaking, and squealing..

effectively gremlins ><

yeah it's pretty bizarre.

i also have a tm-5 for my guitar. I love it. I really love the quality of their products.

they can all go from really clean to ..sorta dirty... to pure h**l
...simply put..

Metasonix is the choice for all self respecting meta-humans...
(meta-humans currently known are trolls, orcs, dwarves, dragons.....)