Also coming from Jomox: T-Resonator

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:33 am

http://www.sequencer.de/blog/?p=2328 for a pic. Direct linking doesn't work.
And yes, it's stereo.
virb.com/ookpikk

HQ. 17

Post by HQ. 17 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:34 pm

I was interested in the M-Resonator but as soon as I saw this and heard the demo I knew I had to have one. Jurgen's on a roll! Can't wait till Feb.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:55 pm

Very Nice!
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

dthestampede

Post by dthestampede » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:24 am

at first i thought is was an expanded version of m-resonator with a delay path. now i see a delay box with different feedback settings. meaning each box is completely different effect... bummer.. just more money out my pocket
I am infected with noises in my brain, the sound of pain and it is constant. Soon I will release music so horrible that hopefully you too will be infected. Slayer, wolf eyes, johnny cash, justin timberlake f**king rock!

HrBak

Post by HrBak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:05 pm

There are now audio demos of T-Resonator
and the new 888 at www.Jomox.com
Letters and Leaves of Grass

Check The winter leaves at:
******* www.myspace.com/vickystudio *******

brian.only
Gear: Mono/Poly, Polysix, Crumar Performer, Juno106, Ion, CS01, K Station, DX27,77' Rhodes 88 mk1

Post by brian.only » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:41 am

JSRockit wrote:Image

Very Nice!
Holy sh_t that thing looks awesome!!!!!

-the only thing I worry about is how the h**l do I get the same setting once I've tweaked a bit, ya know for live sets...
Anyone know how sensitive the range on the Pots are for the M-Res?

Its a big issue when playing live w/ the Murf as they are so sensitive- you kind have to let go w/ it.

...But then again I dont think I really care- even looks lie you'll be able to make sense of it in the dark! :D
sell me your KS5!

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:26 am

Brian - the pots are pretty sensitive on the M-Res - they don't wobble but the difference between squealing noise and useful effect can be less than a degree. You need to play it a lot to get a feel for the stable and unstable settings.

d - The T-Res is the M-Res with a delay incorporated.
virb.com/ookpikk

brian.only
Gear: Mono/Poly, Polysix, Crumar Performer, Juno106, Ion, CS01, K Station, DX27,77' Rhodes 88 mk1

Post by brian.only » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:36 am

GeneralBigbag wrote:Brian - the pots are pretty sensitive on the M-Res - they don't wobble but the difference between squealing noise and useful effect can be less than a degree. You need to play it a lot to get a feel for the stable and unstable settings.
Thanks- that's good to know.
I'm going to have to make a lil' field trip to mess w/ an M-Res, I had never really taken a good look at it.
sell me your KS5!

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:09 am

Another word to the wise - use it with a limiter at the end of the signal chain.
There's something in the manual about setting up the 4 feedback knobs to mirror symmetry positions - doing so gives you relative stability. I tend to think of it as an additive balance (although I'm sure it's not) summing the positive and negative feedbacks. As soon as you get ever-so-slightly away from settings that 'sum' to 'zero', you get interesting stuffs.
virb.com/ookpikk

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:30 pm

Anyone pick up one of these? I did recently and think it is a very nice unit. Typical Jomox filter...but the reverbs are actually usable and then of course it offers all the over the top filter / delay/ f**k up madness when you use them all together.

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:17 pm

JSRockit wrote:Anyone pick up one of these? I did recently and think it is a very nice unit. Typical Jomox filter...but the reverbs are actually usable and then of course it offers all the over the top filter / delay/ f**k up madness when you use them all together.
I tossed off my retroverb and picked one up. extremely awesome unit, especially double timing your beats, etc. Putting it through a squishy compressor and analog delay makes it great for layers. The pipe settings are interesting as well.
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

guesswho
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by guesswho » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:26 pm

JSRockit wrote:Anyone pick up one of these? I did recently and think it is a very nice unit. Typical Jomox filter...but the reverbs are actually usable and then of course it offers all the over the top filter / delay/ f**k up madness when you use them all together.
What do you think of it compared to the Sherman? I thought of possibly adding the T and the M to my setup instead of the filterbank, but am torn. In a perfect world I'd own all three, but instead I must choose.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:08 pm

guesswho wrote:
What do you think of it compared to the Sherman? I thought of possibly adding the T and the M to my setup instead of the filterbank, but am torn. In a perfect world I'd own all three, but instead I must choose.
Hmmm...I think they are two different devices. I like the Jomox more for reverbs...which the sherman doesn't offer. The Jomox filter is a bit generic...but when you turn the feedback knob of the Jomox to the left of zero, it adds alot to bass sounds without changing the charecter of the original sound IMHO. Analog users wouldn't need this, but VA / Digital users may like this. The Jomox has stereo ins as well. The Sherman excels at distortion alot better than the Jomox...as well as many other things the jomox can't do. If sherman made a stereo FB the size of the Jomox...I'd buy it.

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:14 am

guesswho wrote: What do you think of it compared to the Sherman? I thought of possibly adding the T and the M to my setup instead of the filterbank, but am torn. In a perfect world I'd own all three, but instead I must choose.
Like JS says, you just can't compare them - the Sherman filters are very unique, very musical, whereas the charms of the M/T-Res lie in how the filters are interconnected. I personally wound up selling my M-Res because I didn't like the lack of automation available (very simple envelopes, no LFO), and I didn't find it really helped me in my production.
virb.com/ookpikk

guesswho
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by guesswho » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:11 am

GeneralBigbag wrote:

Like JS says, you just can't compare them - the Sherman filters are very unique, very musical, whereas the charms of the M/T-Res lie in how the filters are interconnected. I personally wound up selling my M-Res because I didn't like the lack of automation available (very simple envelopes, no LFO), and I didn't find it really helped me in my production.
So basically I'm going to have to strive for that perfect world I was talking about. ;)