Anyone use a Behringer BCR2000?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
Soundwave

Anyone use a Behringer BCR2000?

Post by Soundwave » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:43 pm

These look quite snazzy for the price but being Behringer I'm a little wary. :-k

Anyone had any experiences with one? :)

kayvon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by kayvon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:26 am

Yeah man, i've recently bought one. I got it from Thomann after the manager at a Sound Control branch wouldn't sell me one because he had had every single one he'd sold come back to him. Apparently it was because no-one could work them out. It could be a good idea to buy from Thomann as they give a three year warranty.

As far as quality goes, mine feels really well made & the knobs and buttons feel great. I've got no problems using it to send CC numbers to my ATC-1 but i've never used the usb port with my computer which is where alot of potential problems could be.

I'm really happy with it so far, haven't used it extensively but i'd def reccomend it at this point.

btw i'm one of those people who wouldn't really want a Behringer piece in their audio chain fwiw. Snob or not I just don't really fancy the potential for problems.

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:06 pm

kayvon wrote:Yeah man, i've recently bought one. I got it from Thomann after the manager at a Sound Control branch wouldn't sell me one because he had had every single one he'd sold come back to him. Apparently it was because no-one could work them out. It could be a good idea to buy from Thomann as they give a three year warranty.

As far as quality goes, mine feels really well made & the knobs and buttons feel great. I've got no problems using it to send CC numbers to my ATC-1 but i've never used the usb port with my computer which is where alot of potential problems could be.

I'm really happy with it so far, haven't used it extensively but i'd def reccomend it at this point.

btw i'm one of those people who wouldn't really want a Behringer piece in their audio chain fwiw. Snob or not I just don't really fancy the potential for problems.
Good info bud cheers. ;)

I only intend to use it via MIDI anyway so they could be going cheap as a result of the USB problem.

kyodai

Post by kyodai » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:10 pm

I have a BCF2000 but they are very similar. No problems here. Connected via usb and controlling ableton live.

JugJug

Post by JugJug » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 pm

I had problems when I wanted to make my own templates. The program didn't want to run correctly (or at all, i can't remember anymore). The solution was the installation of a previous specific version of JAVA. I fear for future use. But for the price, i like it and it has served me well till now.

Huppo
Gear: V-synth, broken Fusion 6HD, HPD10, MP-7, 60+ guitars, etc.
Band: naught

Post by Huppo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:08 pm

I have one and have used it for real time control through MIDI of CC#s on a bunch of different synths without any hardware issues at all. Everything still works as advertised and though it's all plastic the casing and pots have also held up well.

I have never tried to run it into the computer via usb so I cannot comment on how well that works.
~huppo

Please feel free to add me to your Foes list.

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:41 am

i've had one for several months now and i'm pretty happy with it. i mainly use it to control my HS-10, but i've tested it with other synths, including NPRN control on my Electribes, and everything works great. it does feel a little flimsy, but if you're careful with your stuff, it ought to last you lifetime. mine is like new, even after lots of tweaking and clicking.

insky

Post by insky » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:08 am

I've got one and use it for SysEx control of my JX-8P as well as using CC#'s for softsynths and the like. Connecting USB is no problem. The Java software that came with it to edit templates is a little buggy and I've never been able to get it to work...though I've heard work is being done on an open source version. It is plastic and can break if you're rough with it. I accidently dropped the power supply to a Commodore 64 on it and snapped off a knob. I was able to glue it back on though. I would assume a Commodre 64 power supply would do just as much damage to just about anything else though.

I really like the MIDI "learn" function. It makes it really easy to make a new template.
Stuff I own:
X Station
ESQ-1
JX-8P
Poly 800
MaxiKorg 800DV
Elka Rhapsody 610

hollandturbine

Post by hollandturbine » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:15 pm

Had mine for a few years now, it is a great controller, what I worked out was that I could use the Cubase device panel editor to program it using the learn function of the BCR2000, so with the device panel I made for the V-Verb pro I set the panel to output MIDI to the BCR2000 used the learn function and then I set the MIDI output so I could control the V-Verb with the BCR2000, I could also program the BCR2000 with the device panel editor by adding parameters to knobs and switches laid out just like the BCR2000.

rpcfender

Post by rpcfender » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 pm

I've had mine for a couple of years now and I have found it to be great.
I have written presets that output sysex (on the encoders as well as the buttons) for a couple of rack synths and a Korg DW6000.
Having access to a lot of the synth controls when playing live reminds me of my old JP8 (pity I sold it).