Roland Space Echos

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Thu May 08, 2008 2:13 am

JSRockit wrote:I think I'm going to completely chicken out and go with the RE-20. :lol:
I think I am also. Mainly because I'm not going to shell out $700+ for something that is likely to breakdown and possibly be unrepairable. I've been considering the Hiwatt but the info on these is sparse and the few sound clips I've heard sound good but not overly exciting...
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

eminor9

Post by eminor9 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm

JSRockit wrote:I think I'm going to completely chicken out and go with the RE-20. :lol:
I am a chicken already.
Used to mess a quickly deteriorating RE 201 in the past and I'm happy to report the Boss is close to the real deal. Only purists in a live situation would be able to tell the difference. Once the sound has been digitalized and mixed with others it is very difficult to tell the difference. Even bypassing the delay gives you a pleasant saturated sound if you crank the input (as the original). Nice for MD snares and other spiky stuff from your beloved digitals.

As a former very skeptical Roland COSM technology user I have to admit this is one of their best modelling attempts.

Happy chicken actually. :)

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Thu May 08, 2008 6:05 pm

eminor9 wrote:
I am a chicken already.
Used to mess a quickly deteriorating RE 201 in the past and I'm happy to report the Boss is close to the real deal. Only purists in a live situation would be able to tell the difference. Once the sound has been digitalized and mixed with others it is very difficult to tell the difference. Even bypassing the delay gives you a pleasant saturated sound if you crank the input (as the original). Nice for MD snares and other spiky stuff from your beloved digitals.

As a former very skeptical Roland COSM technology user I have to admit this is one of their best modelling attempts.

Happy chicken actually. :)
Awesome, thanks for the reassurance.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad