Delay pedal for synths??? Moog? Memory Lane? etc...

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
novielo
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band
Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america

Re: Delay pedal for synths??? Moog? Memory Lane? etc...

Post by novielo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:55 pm

may i ask, while you are talking about delays, if anybody tried the akai headrush? there's 1 out for each of the 4 heads it emulates.
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes

Suburban Bather
Gear: Wretch Machine, Oberkorn3, Monotribe, TR-626, FX

Post by Suburban Bather » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 am

I'm interested in the CV delay time control as well. Amos already said the the Moog MP-201's firmware would have to be redone to send a CV clock out to the something like a delay time input. You could have a tempo synced lfo going into the delay time, but your delay is going to be constantly changed along with the lfo.

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 pm

Well, I got the Moog delay today. Looks, feels and sounds beautiful. Very "clean" sound, not as "grainy" as a Memory Man, and definitely not as noisy. "Beefier" than the Memory Lane. It sucks not having delay time modulation out of the box, but the basic sound is just so damn good, I think I can live without it. It also sucks that the MF-104 makes me want to invest into other Moog pedals and into the MP-201 controller :D Will post more thoughts tomorrow, maybe even a little demo...maybe even a little comparison with a Memory Lane...Maybe ;)

- CM

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm too tired to write anything atm, but HERE is a crappy little demo of the MF-104z. Really basic, nothing fancy, just some different delay time settings, and shite real-time noodlings with the MidiMini.

- CM

code green
Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Post by code green » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 am

Carey M wrote:Well, I got the Moog delay today. Looks, feels and sounds beautiful. Very "clean" sound, not as "grainy" as a Memory Man, and definitely not as noisy. "Beefier" than the Memory Lane. It sucks not having delay time modulation out of the box, but the basic sound is just so damn good, I think I can live without it. It also sucks that the MF-104 makes me want to invest into other Moog pedals and into the MP-201 controller :D Will post more thoughts tomorrow, maybe even a little demo...maybe even a little comparison with a Memory Lane...Maybe ;)

- CM
glad you're digging it...it's a great piece of gear!