kaoss pads

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
ned-ryarson

kaoss pads

Post by ned-ryarson » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:29 pm

kp2 arrived in the post there. lookin forward to running the mk through it later, and sampling and mangling some vocals...

was wondering what other kaoss pad owners use theirs for...

cheers

johans121
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Pro One - PEK - Juno60 - 606 - 777 - MOTM format Modular... and Lots of Effects ‘n stuff analog & digital
Band: Dreams of Psyche

Re: kaoss pads

Post by johans121 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:27 am

ned-ryarson wrote:was wondering what other kaoss pad owners use theirs for...
A coffee cup warmer...

But really, I like the reverse reverb (or delay, whatever it is - I haven't used mine in over a year)
Don't feed me Indian, you WILL regret it!

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:04 pm

wow...

just been sampling my voice into the kp2 work with shitty mic. really easy and quick to sample and trigger back.

playing back the sample and processing it with all the fx is a lot of fun, really amazing.

im gonna use this bad boy a lot and really recommend it

ronP
Gear: BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO MT-70; KORG EA-1 mkII, MicroKorg, microSTATION, MicroX, Mini-KP, Monotron; ROLAND Micro Cube; ZOOM FS01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B
Band: Keyfish

Post by ronP » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:48 pm

oo

Hi. I use a KORG Mini-KP for beefing up drum machine beats, mostly. You can also use one to really expand gear that has limitations.

For example: I love the organ sounds on my CASIO MT-70. I discovered that I can run the main out through the Mini-KP and the headphone out through my ROLAND MicroCube. The result, combined, is basically a layered synth patch: one "layer" can have delay and flange from the Cube and the other "layer" can have a Talk Filter or Ring Mod going from the mini-KP. The result is a huge, complex sound from a small, preset synth!

:D

oo
BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO Casiotone MT-70; KORG Electribe EA-1mkII, microKORG, mini-KP; QUIKLOK T20 T-REX Series X;
ROLAND Micro-CUBE; YAMAHA PSS130, PSS140; ZOOM FS-01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B

Wanted: BOSS DR-110; CASIO CZ-101; YAMAHA CS-01, DX-100

kvnvk

Post by kvnvk » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:39 am

I've had KPs 1 thru 3 and usually use them for the sampling effects and a couple of the reverbs and filters.

tom Cadillac
Gear: FS1R, EPS, JP8000, Kaos pad, Ineko, SP606, Mopho, MP7 and so on....
Band: Bipolarbass

Post by tom Cadillac » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:42 am

I use the mini KP with casios also (suits a rapman well) - and I like the realtime control - I also used it with an fs1r - which lacks realtime control. GASing for a KP3.
"On the following day , the sorcery undespairingly continued: I changed my series, chose other sequences, cut other lengths, spliced different progressions, and hoped afresh for a miracle in sound." (Stockhausen)