live gig in a sandpitt, how to make the gears survive?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
snsr
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: live gig in a sandpitt, how to make the gears survive?

Post by snsr » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:41 am

The best cure for the nerves is positive feedback from an involved audience. Seriously- nothing emboldens me as an artist like throwing everything I have into it and getting it back in turn. Of course beerx5 and some herb would help you get that far, but I'm sure you can find your way : )

As far as gear in sandy/windy/dry environments - is it only for one night? Unless it's a f**k tornado, a tenori and an MPC should be fine with some considerate shielding and limited exposure. Tape holes for confidence on those guys, and I wouldn't bring anything on which you can't if it's really going to be a dust storm.

Also - when/where is this happening? Sounds like fun!

novielo
Gear: in order of appearence:
sh2000 s612 nord modular mpc1000 kp3 ms-something cp-251 gameboy s6000 and other crappy stuff
Band: one-man band
Location: by the river, st-jerome, quebec, canada, north america

Post by novielo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:39 pm

snsr wrote: 1-The best cure for the nerves is positive feedback from an involved audience. Seriously- nothing emboldens me as an artist like throwing everything I have into it and getting it back in turn.

2-As far as gear in sandy/windy/dry environments - is it only for one night? Unless it's a f**k tornado, a tenori and an MPC should be fine with some considerate shielding and limited exposure. Tape holes for confidence on those guys, and I wouldn't bring anything on which you can't if it's really going to be a dust storm.

3-Also - when/where is this happening? Sounds like fun!
1- that's another reason why i want to do it, i've been playing alone for years now. a big part of my stress is due to the fact that i don't want to do any mistakes. when i was younger, i was upset for the rest of the show if i did a false note at the guitar... to realise after that that nobody noticed it. i will be nervous but it shouldn't stop me from playing.

2- Ill wrap the tenori with cling wrag. wind is realy a b***h there. look the videos at the very first post, you'll see how windy it is. last year the guy that organise all this couldn't even open or close is cd player trays after the show. he had had to disassemble everything clean up to remove the grease, and reassamble everything back...

3- yesterday, i received the info about when i'm playing. friday july 31, i'll do a jam with a complete empty canvas with my tenori-on and probably with 2 guitar pedals, it will be fractal based. on satursday august 1st, i'll do another show, constructed this time.
for info go HERE. the show is in the laurentians 30 min from montreal and should be retransmitted live on the web on http://www.stickam.com/djpout

are you from montreal?
-Save yourself the time and have a conversation with a plastic chair. -RobotHeroes

taskoni
Gear: Fun cost money - how hard you want to laugh

Post by taskoni » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:12 am

You can still as an option can consider this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... _Tent.html

And of course nobody will know for sure did you actually played live :)

Good luck on the gig!

b.