Best DAW on PC?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Re: Best DAW on PC?

Post by th0mas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
th0mas wrote:Apparently Live 8 needs a net connection at the start of every session if you want to save your work? And that's the paid version? Talk about killing your legitimate users man...
This is not true. Once you've authorised it you don't need to do anything ever again, and you don't even need to connect to their server to authorise (but it's quicker if you do.)
Oops. I misinterpreted the live 8 manual section on this. My bad.

druzz
Band: November's Ego

Post by druzz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:11 am

0e0 wrote:i wrote some jesusonic plugins for sysex editing some older midi synths..if anyone wants some i'll toss them up.

(my list of gear is in the side --->)

j

0=0
do you have one for the matrix-1000

i wonder if it would work with the matrix 6r?

clubbedtodeath
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by clubbedtodeath » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Cakewalk Sonar. Plug-in delay compensation that works flawlessly, pattern sequencer, full effects envelope control, and lots of nice mastering plugins.

If the producer version's too much, you can always opt for the much cheaper studio version, although you might want to buy the Sonitus:FX effects suite with that (Sonitus multiband compressor = easy-to-use mastering compressor).

Tchammosaur

Post by Tchammosaur » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 pm

th0mas wrote:
TrondC wrote: any Live users btw?
Seems everyone I've seen that uses live does so only for, well, live performance. I've tried it for writing and didn't find it matched my style, maybe if I tried using it just in the DAW mode and not in the performance (or whatever it's called, the 'grid') mode.
Live is cool in the studio. It's all I use. With the Drumracks instrument, you can assign any sound to a midi note and apply effects individually to each sound, in addition to transposing, using the built-in filters on it, basically everything you would expect from a sampler... It has sort of a "naked" look, with everything looking minimal and all of the included effects and instruments having the same look, which I think works well because what you see doesn't distract you away from what you hear too much.

th0mas
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: oakley tm3030/mopho keys/midibox sid/tr-707/tama techstars/monotron
Band: GRAVITRONIC

Post by th0mas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:36 pm

Tchammosaur wrote:
th0mas wrote:
TrondC wrote: any Live users btw?
Seems everyone I've seen that uses live does so only for, well, live performance. I've tried it for writing and didn't find it matched my style, maybe if I tried using it just in the DAW mode and not in the performance (or whatever it's called, the 'grid') mode.
Live is cool in the studio. It's all I use.
Funny.. since writing that originally I switched to live and now it's all I use too :D