i followed the trend now i don`t know what to do

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
nogginj

Re: i followed the trend now i don`t know what to do

Post by nogginj » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:04 pm

You could do all that with the MPC, P08, LP and M3,
Amen.
Sell the elektron stuff, it's not up that alley. sell whatever else you mentioned too, but keep what homeboy listed.

Honestly, if the m3 is a workstation that might be enough.

What i would do, is get out one piece at a time. try making some tracks using only the m3. oh you want to sequence it now? try integrating the mpc. now, when the m3 synth sounds leave you wanting more, integrate the moog and the prophet.

The point is, go back to the music, which you can very easily on the m3. I mean, you can write a piano only riff on the keyboard, yea?
integrate the other things only as you need them.

I keep crappy samples of bass and synths in my mpc for composing, then output that midi to real synths for recording.

astroidmist

Post by astroidmist » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:38 am

I respect you for actually acknowledging the problem. A lot of people are just gearslutz and worse... gear hoarders who don't really ever use any of the gear. It's understandable, but it's not musicianship. I respect that you are willing to face the conflict and find a solution to come back into the world of music-making rather than just being a collector. Collecting is alright, I mean that's what museums are for... but I'm the type of guy who gets depressed seing ancient harpsichords and clavichords in museums. I wish they were being played and used in actual recordings.

Don't give up. you'll get it worked out. Think about what kinds of sounds you want to make most, and decide based upon that which synths can be used for that or not.

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 am

thanks stabfrenzy

i think i am now aware of that. i will probably put something away and keep the prophet 08 for poly synth duty and lil phatty for bass always hook up. and probably the m3 for acoustics emulation them switch through the drum machine as i need them and only use one at a time the others put it away until i am sure i don`t want it... or i will just sample them and get rid of them probably the elektrons and maybe the m3 korg.

i usually go to the piano sound when i just want to play with because i took some piano lessons on an upright acoustic and i don`t like the piano so much for that reason i have never jell with it so much.

i play with a yamaha yamaha cp300 that stage piano have a piano that make me want to play even thought i am no a piano player i will like to have a nice 88 key piano around the m3 is just the module. when money and space permitted thought.
nogginj wrote:
You could do all that with the MPC, P08, LP and M3,
Amen.

aqreed

Sell the elektron stuff, it's not up that alley. sell whatever else you mentioned too, but keep what homeboy listed.

i am feel you i will probably sample them and sell them later... i keep justifying keeping them saying things like but they are powerful oh i can process other gear with them and stuff like that. but if something is no doing it for you i would think the best is to get rid of it so i can put time on something that i like better and would do what i like better.

Honestly, if the m3 is a workstation that might be enough.

well actually what i am doing now is that i will set up the m3 along with just a midi keyboard to work some ideas. my computer is down so i am also going to use something to play with everything better i just set up the prophet 08 and lil phatty straight to mackie 1204vlz going straight to the monitor and i will just add one drummachine at a time to play with it. for a while before i try to add a computer and see what i can work out.

astroidmist wrote:I respect you for actually acknowledging the problem. A lot of people are just gearslutz and worse... gear hoarders who don't really ever use any of the gear. It's understandable, but it's not musicianship. I respect that you are willing to face the conflict and find a solution to come back into the world of music-making rather than just being a collector. Collecting is alright, I mean that's what museums are for... but I'm the type of guy who gets depressed seing ancient harpsichords and clavichords in museums. I wish they were being played and used in actual recordings.

thanks astroidmist i don`t want to be one of those guys although i has now. but i will change that i wish i could go all software but, i already got into the work of hardware and i like much better especially in the situation i am now my music computer is down and erase and reinstall the os to see if it get fix but, i didn`t fix it. and i will have to get another computer and go through reinstallation of plugins and software pain in the a*s.

Don't give up. you'll get it worked out. Think about what kinds of sounds you want to make most, and decide based upon that which synths can be used for that or not.
al righty and back to gas :lol:

What i would do, is get out one piece at a time. try making some tracks using only the m3. oh you want to sequence it now? try integrating the mpc. now, when the m3 synth sounds leave you wanting more, integrate the moog and the prophet.

The point is, go back to the music, which you can very easily on the m3. I mean, you can write a piano only riff on the keyboard, yea?
integrate the other things only as you need them.

I keep crappy samples of bass and synths in my mpc for composing, then output that midi to real synths for recording.