Few request + question

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
nu-tellar

Few request + question

Post by nu-tellar » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:04 am

Ok,

I am trying to finish some songs and need some tips I mean, I want answer from season writers I have Ideas about what I want and I been basically getting the perfect set up where I have wasted most of the thing like lots of us. When there is no such thing... I spend lots of time on forum and reading articles and magazine I lose the vision of why started this for the music.

Now, that I started listening to music I got my inspiration going, I also realize that I am good writing lyrist more than finishing the music beats. I am a rookie in music forma but, I am trying to colic the forma of songs I like I basically want something like you hear in popular music I like eminem, kanie west, hip and other music. How you guys do it I mean I feel like I am taking on a lot and friends and family are expecting something from me I been collecting for about five years and I read all the manual of bassicly everything I got so I now how to use everything and I started trying to finish work and I notice I can go throughout my software and instruments smooth I know enought.

Just guys give some ideas of best way to start a song and learn form.

I like David guerra, dr dre, Swiss beats, kanie west. I don't know manny producer because I have no put as much time in that as I have in gear. But, I now I can pick a hit song as soon as I hear and I listen a lot to hip pop, pop and house, the most but, I like everything that is good. And thanks to me stumbling in this wonderful web site I like synthesizer music a lot. Even thought in my you I didn't even know what that was although I know I hear lots of music that use it.

Ok good night vse friends

Also I got the studio and a few instruments I will like to ding some good producer or maybe studio to do the voice which my studio is no optimize for... I would paid a good sound designer producer to help me finish at least three songs before November. I can write the lyrist pretty fast where I get most of the problem is the music production to put in music what I hear as I am not a train musician. But I can play some what can you tell.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Few request + question

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:50 am

Most of those artists you've mentioned have teams of people making tracks for them and then they buy the beat off them when they want to use it. They also get the mix done in a big studio on a nice big desk with a lot of very expensive outboard. You aren't gonna get stuff to sound exactly the same as that at home no matter what you do, but with practice you'll be able to get 90% of the way there.

If I were you I'd first get my monitoring situation sorted out so you'll know you can really trust what you're hearing, and then be prepared to devote a lot of time to making tracks. After a few years, if you've got the talent and the commitment you'll be making stuff which is on a similar level. Until then listen to as much as you can, read as much as you can and experiment as much as you can. Working with other people (particularly people who are a level above you) is really helpful too.

Good luck!

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Re: Few request + question

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:46 pm

you don't know enough about harmony, or chord progressions. a good place to start out is the ii-V-I-vi - it's super popular and sounds great imo. start off using 7ths and then develop what your doing by introducing inversions and altering chord types either in the over all hormony or simply through adding subsequent layers. don't get caught up trying to squeeze all voices in on one instrument, if only two sound good, roll with it and leave the other voice for a different instrument. also, start out with a sketch of what you would like the song to look like conceptually. keep in mind, simple development of a progression can take you way further then you think. also, rap is not that different from jazz at times - the chorus is sort of like the head, followed by rappers taking "rap" solos as opposed to instrumental improvisations, excpet with mainstream rap it's often squeezed into a verse chorus verse chorus middle 8 type form, which is probably a more simple form that would be good for you to use to get started, wich you can google to learn about.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...