Should I use Bass or Guitar pedals with my synth?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Re: Should I use Bass or Guitar pedals with my synth?

Post by nathanscribe » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Well maybe but the pedal route is all about the sound, not about how much you can cram into a single pedal. If you want quality multi-effects aimed at synth users you might as well buy a rack unit. The benefit of buying individual pedals for individual effects is that you can mix and match and try different ones. It's not he way to go if you have no budget, even though there are plenty of cheap pedals about, as you will end up going through dozens upon dozens to find the ones you like best. I mean, I've currently got almost 40 and I thought I had a clearout last summer. Just buy lots of odd things like old DOD or no-name rebranded 80s Japanese things, or modern Behringer ones, or battered Boss ones, etc. One at a time, when you can afford it, will yield better and more interesting results than one cheap multi-fx blob.

cryabetes
Gear: Electribe Army: EA-1mkII, ER-1mkII, EM-1, ESX-1
Band: Cody P & Sammy B

Re: Should I use Bass or Guitar pedals with my synth?

Post by cryabetes » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:27 pm

which isn't to say that there aren't good or unique sounding multi's out there but the appeal of pedals is it's a modular effects line. Something like an alesis quadraverb would be what you're looking for if you want tons of stuff, configurable, and ready for synth use.