Chorus with stereo input?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
spock
Gear: Broadwood 1910 piano, Tibetan singing bowls, gongs, African drums, percussion, Suzuki tone chimes, koncovka flute, Wurlitzer Brasshorn, Nagard 5002C

Re: Chorus with stereo input?

Post by spock » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:42 pm

themilford wrote:A list of "stereo IN" effects would be handy. Especially vintage/analog ones.

Would a stereo I/O analog chorus be something you folks would want? I can talk to my partner at Tronographic and see if this is something we can put on the list.

We're already looking into the Para-string-synth thing... maybe a full stereo analog ensemble-style chorus should come out first?
It already did: Elkorus v2.0 :) Still saving up... ;)
JP-6+Europa+TR-707 JX-3P+PG200+DR-55 Stradivarius Godwin PE-2000 SQ80 uWave VZ-1 CZ-101
126 565 H949 InstantPhaser Wersivoice SuperPrimeTime Vortex DPS-R7+F7 MU-R201+L021 M1-XL
D2 S3200XL dbx Palindrometer DB8000S Tango24 HDSP BCR2000 Ardour Debian Linux

fh991586
Gear: Roland JX3P, D50, U220, MVS1, JP8080.
Korg Kaossilator, Monotrons, MicroKorg, M3R.
Yamaha Motif Rack.
Midines

Post by fh991586 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:02 pm

I know I'm going to write something stupid, but I can't help asking: why not try using 2 pedals with the same settings for a stereo in? Take one ordinary Boss phaser or chorus for each output of the synth, and it could give one h**l of an output, no? You decide then to use their mono ou stereo outs in a mixer.

Ok, I guess it would be pretty difficult to have EXACT same settings, but that could amplify the effect and give a special tone after all...
Considering parting away from:
-Roland TR707
-DSI Mopho
-TherapSID mk1
-Chamber of Sounds Jupiter III mk1

rodgre
Gear: Roland GR-300, RS-09, Korg Mono/Poly, Monotron, Moog MG-1, Casio CZ-101, Arp Avatar, Moog Etherwave Theremin, Baldwin Syntha Sound, Alesis Micron.
Band: The Curtain Society

Post by rodgre » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:36 am

The main reason that most analog chorus pedals don't have stereo ins is because they don't have two seperate chorus circuits to make stereo. They take a mono input signal, send it to a BBD chorus circuit then either make the stereo effect by blending a normal chorus out with the mono dry signal on one output and an inverted chorus output with the same mono dry signal for the 2 outputs or else put the dry signal at one output and the wet alone at the other output.

To do full stereo chorusing with a stereo input, you essentially need 2 chorus circuits fed by the same LFO, but one is inverted.
Roland GR-300, RS-09, Korg Mono/Poly, Monotron, Moog MG-1, Casio CZ-101, Arp Avatar, Moog Etherwave Theremin, Baldwin Syntha Sound, Alesis Micron.

syntheticsolutions
Gear: Rhodes 78 Mk2, Jupiter 4, Juno 6, VP-330, Prophet 600, Pro-One, CS-30, Polysix, MonoPoly, MaxiKorg, Opus 3, Machinedrum
Band: Lunar Modular

Post by syntheticsolutions » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

The Roland DC-50 has 2 inputs but only a mono out :x this drives me insane! I would imagine the chorus would sound so much better with a stereo output!

Stereo in/out on a chorus is a must imo. The ensemble on the jupiter 4 is really quite wasted when taking a mono output. Plug in the stereo output and you get instant <W I D E S C R E E N>
Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, its not my problem.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:32 pm

That's no stereo at all on the DC50, the two inputs are just mixed. The JP4 on the other hand is not true stereo either, rather mono->stereo. For that, there are a lot of options in the chorus pedal world... :thumbright:

syntheticsolutions
Gear: Rhodes 78 Mk2, Jupiter 4, Juno 6, VP-330, Prophet 600, Pro-One, CS-30, Polysix, MonoPoly, MaxiKorg, Opus 3, Machinedrum
Band: Lunar Modular

Post by syntheticsolutions » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Dimension D?
Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, its not my problem.

lazerface
Gear: Tempest, JX3P, Pro-One, Roland Gaia, Monotribe
Band: Solaires

Post by lazerface » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am

Just for the record,
the TC one I bought lasted about 2 weeks before the switch busted. Not a great sign considering I was using it with my soft pudgy hand, not my big arse foot. Probs would not recommend.