Balancing track levels in headphones

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
rickyd

Re: Balancing track levels in headphones

Post by rickyd » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:49 am

madtheory wrote:
rickyd wrote:You're basking in your own childish ignorance. You're doing nothing but showing your lack of any kind of common sense whatsoever. You are stuck on the right or wrong thing, when it's clearly just a matter of you wanting to be an a*s hole
Now that IS an ad hominem attack. I'm not reporting it tho. That would be silly. But the fact that you're now resorting to that speaks volumes.

Y'see, the thing is, you back tracked on the meters thing. And you still fail to see that you don't understand what they're for.

By the way, that SOS article I gave you the link to is definitive about headphone mixing. Come back and tell us what it says about meters...
Still continuing on I see...Smh. By the way, just wanted to point out that you failed to even post a link.
Last edited by rickyd on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rickyd

Post by rickyd » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:50 am

dubold wrote:
rickyd wrote: To be honest, the OP was not even about normalizing or metering. It was simply about whether or not to balance track levels with headphones.
yes, it's fine to do this, i give you permission. Also check on speakers though.

Cool. Simple as that.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Post by madtheory » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm

rickyd wrote:
madtheory wrote:
rickyd wrote:You're basking in your own childish ignorance. You're doing nothing but showing your lack of any kind of common sense whatsoever. You are stuck on the right or wrong thing, when it's clearly just a matter of you wanting to be an a*s hole
Now that IS an ad hominem attack. I'm not reporting it tho. That would be silly. But the fact that you're now resorting to that speaks volumes.

Y'see, the thing is, you back tracked on the meters thing. And you still fail to see that you don't understand what they're for.

By the way, that SOS article I gave you the link to is definitive about headphone mixing. Come back and tell us what it says about meters...
Still continuing on I see...Smh. By the way, just wanted to point out that you failed to even post a link.
Wrong again. Irrefutable proof that you're not reading people's posts. Read it to the end this time:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... 15#p671593

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:28 pm

In future please don't ask for advice here if you're not willing to accept that people might give you advice which doesn't correspond with what you already believe.

Sound Production is not for petty arguments and wanton reporting of people's posts just because they disagree with you. Any more of that from anyone and you'll be having a little holiday from posting.

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

I'll be glad when summer vacation is over and the kids go back to school...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.