This is the kind of eqiupment I'm going to need to make.....

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
SYNTHMAN1978

This is the kind of eqiupment I'm going to need to make.....

Post by SYNTHMAN1978 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:59 pm

a number one hit.
Apparently this is the exact kind of equipment that top producers like Rob Kirwan are using in the dance industry...

Inward connections Vac Rac Eq,

Anthony Demaria Labs 1000 compressor,

Neve 33609/j reissue compressor,

Manley Massive Passive,

Neve and API MIC PRes,

'70's Klein + Hummel mastering EQ.

Pro Ac studio 100s monitors

Knas Ekdahl moisterizer spring reverb

Neumann CMV563 microphone with M7 CAPSULE and Martech MSS10 preamp.

Altiverb plug-in

Carlos EMT plate (preset).

For a synth I would use a v synth and a jp 8000.

Any opinions?

Richard Steed

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: This is the kind of eqiupment I'm going to need to make.

Post by pflosi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm

But David Guetta doesn't use that stuff? :dontknow: Plugins should suffice :mrgreen:

Otherwise I'm only charging 500£/mixdown and 200£/mastering per track. I can make stuff PUMP. :ugeek:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Yep you finally figured it out. We were trying to trick you but you are to clever for us by half! That is actually the exact equipment list (minus Altiverb because that's a plugin and plugins make your songs only reach number 2) that you need to tick all the boxes of to get a number on hit! Congratulations for figuring it out, and please don't forget us little people when you're a multimillionaire.

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Oh ps V Synth and JP8000 are both DIGITAL and sound like PLASTIC RUBBISH PLUGINS so you shouldn't use those, they will only get you a #6 hit at best. You need an ARP 2600 or a Memorymoog if you want to get to #1.

rschnier
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rschnier » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:18 pm

:lol:
-- R.

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Post by commodorejohn » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:30 pm

No, this is the equipment you need to make a number-one hit.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:39 pm

commodorejohn wrote:No, this is the equipment you need to make a number-one hit.
Oh man, this is BRILLIANT. Part way through now. Thanks commodore!

max badwan
Gear: T1, XV 5080, ES1, Zaquencer

Post by max badwan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:59 pm

That's it - I'm giving up on GarageBand on the iPad....

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Post by commodorejohn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:13 am

tomorrowstops wrote:Oh man, this is BRILLIANT. Part way through now. Thanks commodore!
It's great :D I thought these guys were awesome even before I read this (anybody who can take the piss out of "concept art" with such aplomb is my freakin' hero,) but man. I love how it's simultaneously a lot of practical advice and a near-satire with tongue so firmly in cheek that it might as well be welded in there.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Synth man, I enjoyed listening to your tracks - although they might not be the style of music I'm into at the moment - and gave you some feedback in the other thread. The gear you posted in this thread is all mixing/mastering signal processors. This is the kind of gear you buy when you want to start a post production studio and hire engineers to use. No artist in their right mind would buy any of these pieces in isolation for constructing their tracks. It's like buying a subway franchise because you're hungry for a sandwich. If you want your songs to take advantage of this kind of gear, you're in the perfect position to send unmixed tracks to a mixing engineer - If only that no one who knows anything about using these kinds of processors would touch them with a ten foot pole outside of a well planned acoustically treated room.
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

dustinh
Gear: juno-1, ensoniq sq-80, dsi mopho, microbrute, gretsch guitars, motu 2408, monotron, and caffeine

Post by dustinh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:36 pm

What kind of instrument cables are you using? No serious producers pay less than 400 dollars for their diamond conductor audio cables. Dat diamond mojo cuts through the mix like you wouldn't believe!

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:40 am

It would also be worth contacting your local electricity supply company to check if the power is compatible with making electronic music in your area. In some areas the 50Hz (or 60Hz) cycle can be mellower and more sinusoidal which is great if you're recording ballads or country music but that's bad news if you want to make industry standard pumping dance music! To make ISPDM you need something with a bit more of an edge to it, otherwise your mixes won't have the bite it takes to cut through.

A side note: This is the reason that a lot of areas tend to become known for a particular style of music. Nashville for example has almost perfect sinusoidal waveforms which is why so much good country and AOR is recorded there, whereas the slight deformities in the 60Hz of the mains power supply of New York City make it great for recording Hip Hop. A little known fact is that the switch from 50s tech mechanical waveform generation to digitally regulated power stations in Detroit and Chicago sparked the birth of Techno and House! A lot of people are under the misconception that it was more to do with the social and club scenes there at the time, but the peculiar imperfections of their new electricity generation techniques actually had the biggest influence.

Bottom line is that if you're not at number one on the ISPDM charts then you should probably sell your house and move to somewhere where the electricity circuit is more conducive to making the music you want, you're battling up hill all the way if you don't. Those producers telling you that you don't need fancy gear or you just have to write good songs are just trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Even worse are the ones that say that you can do it if you have the right gear that they do, they're only telling you half the story because if you aren't putting in the right electricity then how can you expect to get the music you want out? They know that if you just moved to New York, Detroit, Berlin or Madrid you'd be having those hits in no time. It's shameful really how they're trying to keep this secret to themselves!!!!

dustinh
Gear: juno-1, ensoniq sq-80, dsi mopho, microbrute, gretsch guitars, motu 2408, monotron, and caffeine

Post by dustinh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:06 am

Stab makes a valid point.

Also, you need a SERIOUS power source to make truly pumping tracks. If you can route 1.21 gigawatts of power to your gear, your flux capacitor will start pulsing at which point you'll need to hit at least 88 miles per hour. That's when you'll hear some serious s**t.

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:33 pm

dustinh wrote:That's when you'll hear some serious s**t.
You mean, like the synth sounding like an Eddie van Halen guitar solo :guitar: :shock: 8-) ?
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

zoomtheline
No Longer Registered

Post by zoomtheline » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:49 pm

What a strange thread.
I'd be interested to hear your music to hear if you would need or warrant this kind of financial burden.