Chorus (guitarpedals) for pads etc

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
Synthprophet

Chorus (guitarpedals) for pads etc

Post by Synthprophet » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:30 am

Hello there

I have always been a fan of that vibe of the Juno (6, 60 and 106) chorus polysounds.
Several times I have thought about getting a Juno just for that reason. But then Again I have a couple of synths that should make a fine base for pads. Then I just need the Chorus.
I have read about chorusunits that comes close to the one found in the Junos. Those can be quite expensive, and then Again I don't necessarily need a Juno emulation.
All I need is a great chorusunit, that might make my feet rise from the ground and perhaps put me on a light soft cloud.
I normally use guitarpedals, as they are easy to put on top of a synth.
Perhaps Boss can offer something good?
Clavia: /Nord Lead 2x/
Roland: /AX-Synth/D-50/SH-201/
Korg: /EMX-1/Microkorg/Monotron/MS-20 Mini

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Chorus (guitarpedals) for pads etc

Post by monolith » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Get a behringer cc-300, it will probably be all you need, and likely for less than $50

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:18 pm

Synthprophet wrote:All I need is a great chorusunit, that might make my feet rise from the ground and perhaps put me on a light soft cloud.
I normally use guitarpedals, as they are easy to put on top of a synth.
Vintage and very affordable (I paid about 30 Euros for mine - German Ebay):

Ibanez CCL Dual Chorus. A wonderful and versatile stompbox (I use mine for the synths, not in my guitar setup).
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

thermite zapruder
Gear: ARP 2600
EMU SSM Card Kit
Prophet 600
Evolver
ESQ-1
Juno 6
Alpha Juno 2
JV-1010
Crumar Performer
EMU e6400 ultra
MPC2000xl
SK-1
SK-5
Band: Thermite Zapruder

Post by thermite zapruder » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:32 pm

I have the Boss CE-2--very nice pedal but did not play well, impedance-wise, with my Prophet 600. Can't remember how it fared (or if I tried it) with my other synths. With a ReAmp, however, it's very nice (but something to bear in mind if this is for live use and you don't want to have to bother with impedance matching devices in such a scenario).

The E-H Small Stone (and its offspring) has a proud pedigree for such uses and is much beloved.

Calgonstudio
Band: Client No7

Post by Calgonstudio » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:59 pm

I use a boss CEB2 Bass Chorus with a K2000r,as an Insert with Mix d, Used it a few times with a DX7 seemed to work good.
My Key board player has the same Impedance issue with his Prophet 600, we actually ran his Prophet 600. thru a Peavey Mega Bass amp I had , the mega had a built in chorus that was fairly nice sound had cutoff feq at 200k , If I remember correctly.