Creating arpeggios how to

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Creating arpeggios how to

Postby Andyb75 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi guys I'm trying to replicate the synth bass line to Madonna open your heart I'm using the Yamaha synth and arp from the App Store but I just can't get a preset that is in time with it even by adjusting the tempo
I'm using cubasis on my iPad is there an easy way to achieve this ? I just can't get the rythmn in sync how was this done originally any ideas ?
Andyb75

Re: Creating arpeggios how to

Postby micahjonhughes » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Not really hearing a typical arp in that song. There is a backing synth part that is pretty simple. It sounds like it might be repeated octaves processed with delay. I could totally be mishearing that, I listened at pretty moderate volume.

Whatever you are talking about, it was probably played live in the studio or sequenced with midi.

Lastly, I would think that there would be a way to sync the arp to the sequencer's clock.
micahjonhughes

Postby Andyb75 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks mica
Think my best best is to use a midi file and put some delay on it and see if that gets me close
I know on her like a Virgin tour the synth bass player used a moog source an they are expensive on eBay wonder if there is a similar thing available On VST ?
Andyb75

Postby Music Bird » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:04 pm

On your iPad, you can get iMini and it can make the Moog sounds because it is based off of a Minimoog, which was used in the original recordings. You can also use your Motif because it has similar sounds to it, if you tweak them using the iOS editor. You would also have to know the notes played in the sequence and customize your own arpeggio.
Korg, Casio, Alesis, and Yamaha (Minilogue, WK-7600, SK-1, Harmony 61, SR-16, MX49)
FL Studio 12, VSTs, MIDI keyboard
Non synths include string, woodwind, percussion, and toys for SFX.
Music Bird

Gear: Casio/Yamaha and an iPad.

Postby Baus » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:45 pm

16th notes.... that's all! ;-)
Baus

Postby Andyb75 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi guys
Yes of course there 16th notes but on the track there seems to be a slight delay thing going on which sounds great and keeps the bass nice and bubbly if you know what I mean
You can hear the live intro on "who's that girl tour" opening song
Do you think they used a moog for that or maybe a dx7 layered it sounds very warm
I've got iMini can't afford a real moog keyboard ! Just not getting close with the parameters
Any further tips
Thanks in advance
Andyb75

Return to Sound Production