First time recording, advice needed.

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

First time recording, advice needed.

Postby HappyFunTimes » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:39 am

I feel like I'm finally ready to take the big step, and start recording finished work. I have learned the basics of mixing on my first mixer a Yamaha MG8/2FX. I'm trying to keep things cheap until I actually progress with knowledge and experience before buying better gear. In keeping with this idea I am thinking I will just get an audio to USB interface. I will use it to record into some simple software like audacity.

I know behringer has a horrible reputation, and I've avoided any of their products thus far. But would their really be any difference between a cheap behringer USB interface, and something similar but more expensive? Also, for basic recording, and final mixdown, (I think that's what it's called) would Audacity be a good starting point? I will most likely play everything live, and not multitrack. If I was going to multitrack it would be maybe adding vocals, so 3 tracks at most. Advice?
HappyFunTimes

Return to Sound Production