Creating a backing track

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Creating a backing track

Postby Andyb75 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:45 am

Morning guys/girls
Right I am trying to create a backing track for a song I'm covering with a singer
We are doing Madonnas white heat
This is giving me a headache where do I start !
I'm using cubasis problem is I don't think it's going to do the job
The drums are programmed I have no arpeggior or sequencer only from my motif Es and that is just a head ache to program
Also the bass sounds like it is sequenced another headache s you can see I'm not very good with programming
Can any one suggest a way to get this done as cheaply as possible or recommended a good sequencer that will work with cubasis or any other program
Andyb75

Re: Creating a backing track

Postby meatballfulton » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Andy,

You already have two sequencers.

The ES can easily do what you want and Cubasis probably could as well (never used it).

I used to own an ES, the sequencer is crazy powerful, better than many DAWs in fact. Once you understand the logic behind it (which did take me a while) it's really fast to work with.

I can help you get over the hurdles of learning it's sequencer. PM me.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Creating a backing track

Postby Andyb75 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi meat that would be fantastic if you could help me out with that I've tried to pm you but for some reason it's not sending
Andyb75

Return to Sound Production