New Presonus mixers...record direct to SD card!

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

New Presonus mixers...record direct to SD card!

Postby meatballfulton » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:08 pm

New Presonus StudioLive AR USB mixers have an SD card slot and the company's "Capture" multitrack recorder built into the hardware. Hook up your synths, record the stereo mix digitally as 44.1k/24 WAV files direct to the card...no computer needed. Well, you'll need a computer later to read the files, but you get the idea...

Also has a 96k/24 bit USB mutichannel audio interface...as many channels as the mixer has in plus 4 outs.

Bluetooth so you can play your phone through the mixer ;) and no wall wart :dancer:

Available in the third quarter of 2016, with expected MAP/street prices of $599.95 (AR16), $499.95 (AR12), and $299.95 (AR8).

I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: New Presonus mixers...record direct to SD card!

Postby krzeppa » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:25 am

It's available at Sweetwater tomorrow. I really want to get one of these. It would be great for my live rig.
krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Band: Where the Embers Fall

Re: New Presonus mixers...record direct to SD card!

Postby Stab Frenzy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:03 am

Hold off until you can actually hear one in person, Presonus mixers always have good looking specs on paper but sound like garbage. I can't see why this would be any different.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Return to Sound Production