triggering modular from different sound sources

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
muhammed

triggering modular from different sound sources

Post by muhammed » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:42 pm

is it possible that human as master clock for example when drummer begins the play drum analog or digital sequencer can be triggered by drummmers playing ? if drummers playing tempo's changes , sequencers tempos keep up with drummers paying ?

second example; imagine that I have akai lp8 for finger drumming and DAW(ableton live) when I begin to play abletone's drum kit , an output signal must be sent to analog or digital sequencer and my modular stars to play itself same as my playing tempo if my playing tempo changes ,sequencer tempo should be change

in conclusion I am master clock and my modular is slave
is it possible somethink like that or if you have better idea please share your thoughts here

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: triggering modular from different sound sources

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:12 am

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:25 pm

There's also Beatseeker, it's another Max for Live device.

I don't know anything about it but InTime came up during a Google search, it's another software solution.

There's been audio beat matching hardware used by DJs in the past, try google searching on that. RedSound and Peavey(!!!) both offered devices at one point. They work best with four on the floor kick drums.

If you are working with a modular system, look into envelope followers.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

muhammed

Post by muhammed » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:43 pm

, ı watched beatseeker video it seems that if ı send clock out from daw to my modular it will be perfectly synched with my playing speed , according to beatseeker explantion ableton adapts to drummer's tempo right ? but there must be latencey ? beacuse beeseeker calculates drummer's bmp then applies it to ableton' bpm after all of that ı send to clock out to my analog sequncer, ı am not sure but there will be latency when ı change my tempo my analog sequencer synched at the same time ?
I will look into your other suggestions thank you

muhammed

Post by muhammed » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Post by Walter Ego » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:54 pm

muhammed wrote:in conclusion I am master clock and my modular is slave
This is a little OT, but I think this is one of the greatest sentences I have read in years. So profound.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Post by pflosi » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Clocks are tricky... Basically, the main problem is that you need time travel to be able to anticipate tempo changes :mrgreen:

For simple single hits, you can use comparators. This one looks particularly nice and flexible for the task:

http://www.cg-products.de/module/peakhold/